Chapter 15

Nathan POV.

Here she is. The woman who's been the constant invader in his mind stood before him. The soon to be bride of his best friend. Disbelief appeared in his face as he stood rigidly staring down at her.

She looks so incredibly stunning in her long lenght gown looking like a greek goddess descended from her thrown. Staring back at him with wide open eyes.

Of all people. Why does she have to be the fiancee of his best friend? he questioned himself. He wanted her to be his. He had planned all his move to meet her and get to know her but his very busy schedule kept him from going to her place and ask her out. He had been busy with taking care of his business which had been facing this fast weeks with problems and he was just very thankful he was able to attend to his best friend engagement party only to face the greatest bomb in front of him.

'Sweetie, I would like you to meet my best friend, Nathan Adam, and Nathan, please meet my fiancee, Yannie David." Erick cut him off from his reverie as he pat Nathan in his shoulder a bit hard that had him jolted from his own thoughts.

Before he could react Yannie beat him first by extending her delicate hand to him.

"Hi, Nathan. Please to have finally meet you. Erick here have never failed to talk about you. It's good to have finally place a face for his sooo cool best friend as what he calls you." Yannie gush talking while giggling.

"Oh!" I- I'm pleased the have met you as well." I said as I hardly voiced out my voice.

Erick laugh as he pat him again. "Man! I told you so! Yannie here is very amazing girl I have ever met and so beautiful. Isn't she?" He said as Yannie laugh at him and give him a playful slap.

"Well, sweetie. This best friend of mine has been very oppose of me marrying. So I told him he'll change his mind when he see's and meet you."

"Does he?" Yannie replied with a serious expression

"Well, you know, he's a no commitment man rule. He loves to play and no string attached affairs." Erick said as he gazed at her amused.

"Uhurrmmm." I cleared my throat. I don't know why but I felt uncomfortable talking about my affairs in front of her. It's like I'm afraid that she'll get disappointed if she knows my escapades. Not that he thinks she cares. She's getting married and in love with Erick for all she care. He scoff with his thinking.

Instead of defending himself he just chuckle and smile.

"Oh well. You've been like him before I met you sweetie." Yannie chuckles. "I just hope not to catch doing it again." she glares at Erick.

Erick look at her shock. "Sweetie. I - I will never look at any girl except you. It will never happen till I die." Erick stared at her passionately.

"Oh common Erick. You shouldn't be talking about death on your engagement party!" Celine suddenly exclaimed bursting in on them from somewhere.

"Celine! My awesome cousin!" Erick exclaimed. "Good heaven! You came."

"of course I will never missed my fave cousin engagement party" Celine replied while she hug him and look Yannie who's been smiling ear to ear.

"Celine! Darling! I'm glad you came." Yannie excitedly hug her. Celine was her schoolmate when they were still in their high school days. It's just a small world that they've met again thru Erick as they lost contact after they graduated in high school.

"Oh, I wouldn't miss this affair, darling. Trust me." She release her from her hug as she turned her eyes to Nathan.

"Nathan?!!!? Oh my! Is that you?" Celine exclaim as she jump to hug Nathan.

Nathan return her hug as he chuckles. "None other than but the most handsome man you have ever met darling."

Celine roll her eyes. "Oh God dammit, I almost forget that." She said laughing out loud as she entwined her arms to him almost hugging him intimately that had Yannie on edge for some unknown reason.

"Well, thank you both of you for coming here but we'll leave you two as we have to face all the guest here." Erick said as he gestured Yannie arms to leave the two.

Yannie smiled. "Oh yes, please enjoy the rest of the party. We'll meet you later, I guess." She said in no particular to the two and went off gracefully with Erick as she sways her hips smiling prettily to the guest oblivious to the awes and lustful gazes from the tons of hot blooded male and envies from ladies.

Nathan can't help but just stare at her as she gushed to the guest laughing heartily.

"Uhurmmm!"

Startled he look down to Celine who's eyebrows were furrowed.