Descending

Today's the day I've longed for the day I've dreamed of ever since I stepped foot in high school my freshman year. Graduation day! I have to admit it, it is bittersweet part of me isn't looking forward to leaving this place behind all the times I've laughed, the times I've smiled even the times I've cried. But we all knew this day would come no matter how far away it seemed to be, in less then thirty minutes I will be walking across that stage and receiving my high school Diploma. I'm Kaley Pryde-Rasputin by the way and I'm a mutant, I know when most of you hear that word you assume the worst but I can assure you it Isn't what you think. I do not have an extra limb or one missing I have the ability to make myself other people and things that I come in contact with to become intangible. I inherited this ability from my mother Kitty Pryde.

"Kaley we need to take a group pic" my best friend Julie calls standing next to Kassidy and Lauren, she brings me back to reality I'm sure I'm not the only on reminiscing though. Why do I feel like I want to cry already. "Kaley!" She calls again "Oh" I sigh shaking my head and clearing my head, my friends look beautiful. We've come a long way, and this is our last day as teenagers when we receive our diplomas we will become women.

Hair long brunette hair flows from our matching navy blue caps, the long navy blue gown are cut decent looking I guess. These heels are killing me I have to walk slowly in order to keep my balance, "Take you time" Kassidy jokes as I slowly make my way to the group once we're together we all pose side by side hugging another while smiling vibrantly.

"We need all graduates to line up in alphabetical order the ceremony will begin shortly" one of our teachers calls. We all glance among each other all anxious and scared. "Well this is it" I say glancing at my best friends, "I miss you guys already" Kassidy says twirling her bright blonde hair, "Awh, I can't do this" Lauren sighs patting around her eye with her index finger to avoid messing up her make-up. "Just promise that after today that we won't stop texting and seeing each other" I say frowning. Xander tells me that usually after high school you loose contact with all your friends. Some you may not even ever see again.

"Promise" they all say we stick out our pinky fingers and connect them, before pulling each other in a group hug. I fight back the tears already welding up in my eyes, no crying not yet at least. We line up like we were told our class of enormous it's about four or five hundred of us all together thank goodness I'm graduating with honors because I'd be all the way in the back. After about five more minutes the ceremony begins and we all start walking into the large football dome where we hold graduation every year. Thank god it's a dome that way the weather is a no factor, the stone tunnel seems longer than ever when you know your future is at the end of it, as I get closer I see and smell the fresh grass and the bright light at the end of the tunnel. I make sure I walk extra careful in these heels too in the distance the graduation music plays. It I finally make it to the inside of the dome the music plays louder then ever, I smile vibrantly trying to make my out my families face in the large crowd, it's impossible. The stands are full to the max, I hear my name being yelled out numerous times from the crowd in every directions, I don't wanna wave because doing too much will result in my tumbling in these heels. My neck is heavy with colorful graduation cords and two stoles, one reaching my belly button and the other right below my chest.

I take my seat in the third row along with the other students graduating with honors. The principal gets up and welcomes everyone, then we have a speech from our valedictorian and salutatorian and before you know it my class is being called across the stage. The row ahead of me stands to their feet and the principal begins to call their names one by one they walk across the stage and receive their diplomas and return back to their seats. Once their all back they have a seat in unison and it looks perfect it better especially with all practice we had to go through. Hours of standing up and sitting down until we were all on one accord.