The Final GoodBye's

I sat on the couch in our dorm just thinking about the events that will unfold today like saying good-bye to my family, being the only kids in school which really isn't a bad thing, and being worried sick about losing someone I really care about, which is why I hadn't got any sleep last night. I looked over at snoring Emma who was curled and wrapped all around her covers, I smiled at her wondering how I looked when I slept, like how can someone be so pretty when they wake up, but when they sleep look like a wild animal, Emma was a prime example of what I met. I finally stood up and walk to balcony for a wisp of fresh air I stood at the edge leaning on the front supporting piece of it. I looked in the distance and saw the sun beginning to rise it sent a hot glare down my body that kind of soothe and relaxed me. I glanced at the fleet of ships that landed last night all side by side in a triangle like formation I let out a sigh thinking of my brother who lost all the color in his face when he saw them landing, poor little Xander. "Your up early" Emma said joining me on the balcony looking as beautiful as ever with her blanket wrapped around her still. "Uh Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night" I said with a sigh. "Oh, you nervous about this morning to huh?" She asked tightening her blanket around. "Is it that obvious?" I replied looking at Emma  who took a sip of water. "Yeah you wouldn't want to go down there looking like that you need an intervention" She joked. I laughed at her joke which is what I needed right now......................................... some humor. We both stopped laughing to the sound of Xavier telling us that the fleets will be taking off in an hour. "Well we'd better get going" I say. "Yeah it's show time" Emma said squinting her eyes.

*************************************************************************************

"Ugh, this is gonna be emotional, i'm so not ready for this" Emma said as we walked down the hall way. "Yeah, me either" I reply as Preston and Bobby walk out there rooms with there heads hung really low this seemed like it affected everyone around us physically, as well as emotionally. "Hey...... Guys" I say snapping them back to reality. "Oh Uh hey" Bobby said while Preston didn't say a thing just giving us a simple head gesture, and we continued down the hallway. "You okay?" Emma asked Preston rubbing his back and his shoulder. "Yeah I guess so I mean my mom and my- my dad are leaving for that war today, and I don't know like.........................ugh." He scampered over his words. "What about you Bobby?" I ask. "Yeah i'm fine just not looking forward to saying good-bye to my dad and all" he said stuffing his hands deep in his pockets. Then I wondered how could Bobby and Preston be so close like Preston was super close to his Mother, Storm. And Bobby's mother walked out on then when he was younger, and on the other hand Bobby and his dad were super close and then Preston couldn't stand the thought of his father. I wonder if he would even speak to his dad.

Well we continued walking down the hallway none of us said a word we just walked in silence thinking of the faces that we cared about the most yet might not ever see again. Out the corner of my eye I see as other Freshmen join in with us all quiet as well, everyone was getting hit from this situation and the atmosphere was pretty sad and gloomy. In the distance we saw all our parents and maybe even siblings up ahead standing side by side with serious looks on there faces. They all wore a green vest that ressembled a bullet proof vest and a long sleeved black shirt underneath it, then had some long black baggy pants, but tight on all the females and dark brown boots that came over there baggy jeans. The line of our families grew pretty long. Emma, Preston, Bobby and I looked at each other then separated to say our final goodbyes..............................................

Emma POV

Ugh I looked up ahead at my mom and dad. My mom who's face was really red and wiping tears from her face and my dad trying to keep his brave face on, but it was obvious that he wanted to cry also. And that's when my waterworks started. "H-Hi mom" I started as I stuttered over my words and choked on a tear well kinda.................... I hugged my mom tightly and she kissed my forehead gently "I want to let you know honey I will always love you, no matter what just know that sweetie"  she said pushing my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead once again. "Dad?" I said as he came closer and hugged me tightly "Be strong baby be strong for me and your mother, okay" He said kissing my cheek. "I love you Em" he said pushing me away from him with his arms still on my shoulder looking into my eyes pulled me close again and whispered "I love you" as my mother joined in the hug and at that point we all where crying.