Diggin Deeper

"The House Of Mirrors" I say crossing my arms and glancing over at Preston who stood by my side. "I have to get her before she escapes " I say glancing inside the dark room and then back at him. "What?." Preston ask glancing at me I shrug my shoulders, "Well c'mon" I say glancing ahead, we begin walking in the big hole in the wall Duchess created when she crashed into it I hold my arms out holding both sides of the broken wall for support before stepping inside with Preston right in front me. We both look down the long hall to see mirrors in every direction with a thick mist circulating in the air growing heavier on the ground around my feet. "Ugh! the only time I hate to see a mirror" I said Preston chuckles and we continue down the hallway "Geez, what is that smell?" Preston questions "That's the smell of creepiness in the air" I say goosebumps crawling down my spine.

We could barely see our feet beneath us which was pretty creepy  I always did hated this place growing up around the fair The House Of Mirrors always did creep me out, it was a sort of maze that you get stuck in and when you lowered your guard for a second some clown with a chainsaw pops out and scares the heck out of you.

  "This is pretty creepy" Preston   says looking over his shoulder constantly "Tell me about it " I say glancing up at the ceiling above. Duchess laughing cuts me off and gives me the chills, she sounded sinister and hearing that made me fear for the worst it made me fear for my life. We both hear the sound of something click the hall lights up and some creepy music begins to play with scary laughter in the background Duchess had turned the house on. Lights begin to flash one after the other quickly making their way towards us then continuing down the hallway behind us. We then heard this wicked laughter, but it wasn't Duchess. It sounded as if it was meant to scare us multiple scary noises begin that where coming from speakers quickly alarming all my senses  and Preston's as well. "Man where is she" Preston said obviously scared. "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it" Duchess says she then appears on the mirror in front of us, we both quickly jumped away and she begins laughing loudly.

                  "Who is Xavier's child" I asked, "Oh so I'm just suppose to come out in tell you, no" She hisses spit flies all over the mirror's glass. I roll my eyes and try to ignore how gross that was, "Just tell us who the damn boy is!" Preston screamed, his blades converging from his knuckles, "Oh I'm so scared what you gone do break the glass" She teases putting her hand in front of her mouth, and giggling. "Duchess please, just help us" I say, "We really need to know this" I continue. "And..." She says holding her arm slightly in the air, "So you whoop me, then expect me to help you, yeah nice try Boo!" She says "Let's talk about your families, ha-ha and the war where their suppose to be" She says with a resentful look on her face "And uh what's his name Wolverine" She continues I look at Preston who is getting fed up at this point his blades were sparking with electricity he was furious. Which fueled Duchess to continue "And how I made him squirm, and what his final words were" She says intertwining her fingers and leaning forward into the mirror. Preston clutched his fist together, Duchess then begin using an ability I didn't know she had she opened her mouth really wide and learned her head back a voice that wasn't hers begin to speak, it sounded horrible as if someone was being put through tremendous amount of torture his voice echoed with pain and sorrow I soon realized it was Wolverine, Preston's father.

             "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Wolverine screamed, clear as day splashing noise sounded right behind it. The sound of his panting was constantly changing tones and rhythm poor thing I thought. Preston yelled loudly and shattered the glass mirror into pieces. Suddenly this overwhelming feeling took over me, something that I never felt before, a sound that I never heard before or I ever want to hear again, the sound of  Xander, My mother, father, Storm, and Wolverine screaming on the speakers, tears flooded my eyes. I scream loudly holding on to my ears, their screams were overwhelming tears fall from my eyes and into the the floor, with me following right behind them. I fall slowly to my knees, I claw at my my ears to stop the sounds from invading my eardrums. I'd rather feel pain then hear my family and friends being tortured.  Preston quickly grabs me by my shoulders he quickly snaps me up to my feet and pushes me to our escape. We begin running very quickly toward the exit Preston's hand is pressed against my back and is a constant reminder to keep going whenever I want to give up.  I knew was only about twenty feet ahead of us but felt as if it was a hundred feet instead, when we finally made it out of the house both of us fall to our knees and cry, well at least I did.

**********

  We gathered everyone back together and decided to ride to my house and spend the night. There I can treasure the things my parents cared for the most m, visions of my family being tortured shoot through my mind, causing small tears to trickle down my face. I couldn't stay on the road much longer I was ready to get home where I was free to sit and think in privacy for awhile. "Are you guys ok?" Emma asked sitting all the way back in her seat with her legs and arms crossed, but neither of us bothered to say a thing I just looked forward at the road, I felt like I had to throw up. "Guys say something?" Bobby yelled. "Yeah, uh we're alright"  I say pulling into my drive way. "Are you guys sure?" Kurt asked as I glance over to Preston who looks as if he's ready to kill someone.

"This is your house?" Emma asked , "Uh yeah" I say stopping the car. "This is huge" Bobby says as we all step out of the car and walk down my patterned driveway decorated with beautiful flowers. I stick my key in the slot giving it a twist then slowly opening the door. My house that had not changed since I left. "Make yourselves at home guys" I say leaving them behind I run up the stairs and slam my room door shut behind me, I jump into my bed grabbing a pillow before crying my eyes out like I've been wanting too. Oh gosh I hope it isn't true my family caught and being tortured it couldn't be, no I don't wanna believe that I-I just can't.

**********

I finally get up from basically my grave, then what Duchess said flashes in my memory "We already have Xavier's child" She said. I looked in the mirror who is Xavier's child? I thought I don't know, but I knew where I could find out. My mom and dad's office they had this large  file cabinet that had everything you needed to know about each individual X-Men ever, the X-Files in order to get in we had to get pass the finger print scanner, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. I walked down stairs after what's been hours to finally see everyone just doing the usual, like Emma on her phone, Bobby stretched out on the couch watching t.v. Kurt reading a book, and Preston who's all to himself. "Uh hey guys" I say everyone turns and greets me with a hug. "What's this for?" I asked. "We could tell you and Preston were down and we wanted to lift you guys back up" Bobby says "What was wrong anyways?"  Kurt asked, "Something about hearing their parents being tortured, I heard it playing in your heads, over and over and over and o-"  she starts. "Ok we get it" Preston says, cutting Emma off. "But it wasn't real I could tell from the patterns of their voices" she says glancing at all if us. "I'm not saying their not being held captive because they probably are, but most likely what she showed you guys was fake" Emma continues. Which made me feel a little better, I still had doubts in the back of my head because Emma was basically a blonde, just with red hair she was so what's the word "DINGY" and "ABSENTMINDED" at times and her theory was kinda unreliable.

"Guys we have to go look through my dad's X-Files and find out who Prof. Xavier's child is......or was" I say, "Why?" Bobby asked. "I don't know but I think it'll move us in the right direction on trying to end this war" I say. "Well if it'll bring my dad home Then I'm all for it " Kurt says. "Me too" Emma hashes in. "So am I" Bobby says, "Yeah me too" Preston says as we all glance amongst eachother. You see there was no more X-men it's just us five against the Brotherhood. We will stand up and defend our parents honor by rising up and beyond and stop This Cerebro Revolution. Or atleast we'll, you know try...