A (Better) Happy Place

Preston

We all gather around her body, with
no final words, no goodbyes, nothing just regrets.

Kaley was an Original. Her, Emma, Bobby and myself. She was the actual glue that held us together, The first day we actually all began talking was because of her. She asked us to introduce ourselves. She fought so hard to save Wenston and see her little brother Kyrin now she can't do either and shes in a way better place she didn't deserve this.

Bobby clenches his fist and his jaw, his teeth are locked down so hard that they grind together. Tears from his eyes drain "Bobby" I hear I know the voice it's the last voice I'd expect to hear all our heads shoot up "You're getting me all wet" we all quickly look to see her eyes trembling and clinging to life before slipping away again. It's Kaley, she spoke and she's alive !

**********

The war is finally over  all of Magneto henchmen have been beaten the old factory had been destroyed in the process. The only mystery left is where Magneto went off to, he should've been our main priority. With him being gone I know for a fact the peace will be short lived, he'll be back. I'm just glad Kaley's ok. I don't know What I would have done If she, you know. We fly back home in the hovercrafts Kaley's in the back getting healed up and the rest of us relax I'm glad this is finally over with. I glance at all my comrades, my closest friends each exhausted, dirty, bruised, and hurt. Emma sleeps with her beautiful head rested against the small circular window, I don't see Bobby but I already know where he is. Kurt is up in the cock pit watching the pilots of the hover craft, and Amber and Xander both sit snuggled tight together in a seat both fast asleep. Soon I do the same.

**********

After several hours of flying we finally land. My eyes open slowly and burn the instant the air around me hits them I stretch my arms out tiredly glancing around at the others who quickly start waking up as well.  A stretcher comes through the aisle first carrying Kaley. After seven hours of healing I would think she'd be perfectly fine and don't get me wrong she'll always be perfect to me but she's still burnt pretty badly the healer says her body has to do the rest and that she's also in a deep coma. Great!

When we step from the hovercraft the school looks horrible it looks like a complete war zone like what had just happened at the factory happened here all over again. The buildings are crumbled and have small fires on them lucky it's a big campus and only our dormitories faced the wrath. "Da- Daddy! " I hear a small surprised voice say, we all turn look at the large glass doors the entrance to the schools lobby to see small little Wenston standing there at the Top of the stairs with his Teddy bear dangling from his hand. "Wenston!" Xavier says his face full of disbelief he pales at the sight of his long lost son, Wenston jumps down and makes a beeline down the long pathway his dad meets him half way Wenston jumps in his arms . Neither one of them can believe this is happening "What- how is this possible? " Xavier questions, "A girl name Kaley dad, she saved me" Wenston says burying his head in Xavier's chest and wrapping his small arms around his neck that only manage to reach his shoulders, tears are pouring down Xavier's face, that yellow energy we saw was Wenston's and he finally found his way back home.

4 Months Later

Emma POV

It's been four month's since the dreadful events of the Cerebro Revolution, the university has been under construction ever since we've been back. Kaley's doing good each day she gets better and better. Her mother made the decision to cut her hair because it was too damaged to keep. So her mother trimmed it a little. Her skins made a full recovery it looks even better then it had before brith and flawless. However she's still in a coma. "You ready?" Preston asked peeking In the door he startles be at first and I drop my make-up brush. "Uhh yeah" I sigh startled. Right now we're all getting ready for a funeral. One of the very many we've been having these last past four months. Everyday there's been a funeral idk why they didn't just have them all at once to save the heart breaks and make it easier for us all. But every single last one of the mutants who fought for us deserve it. They deserve their own funeral to have it be about them even though the couldn't live to see it. I grab a black cardigan ad slip it over my short white blouse that's tucked into a short black tight pencil skirt. Today's Liam's funeral, I don't think I'll be able to handle this one considering the fact that he died right in front of me.