Detention & Relaxation

"UGH" I groaned as I stretched my tired crunched up fingers, we were in detention for about 3 hours ever since our cafeteria fight and we were forced to write the X-Men's code of conduct like three times.

I look over to see Bobby chewing on a piece of ice , he looks up at me watching him he then winks at me and I smile back. I then glanced over at Emma who had her chin rested in her palm as she texted on her phone telepathically moving her pen writing the rules which was kinda unfair but cool and cute at the same time. Next I look at Preston who was asleep and snoring a bit I guess he was finished already. I looked back at my paper and I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching me goosebumps ran down my spine while I struggled to shake them off.

I finally decided to turn around I look to my right to see Duchess chewing bubble gum and twirling her hair "What you looking at" she said acting extra. I roll my eyes then turn around to finish my last sentence, when I finally do Professor Xavier wheels himself in side the detention room, and we all stand to our feet as if we were in the military or something . "All Freshman may return to their classes BUT let me warn you stunts like this can't and will NOT be tolerated here, these are your passes to class" he says handing us a piece of paper with our names and schedules on them all our schedules looked just them same. We all walk out the door and into the long labyrinth of a hallway.

***************

"Hey here it is !!" Bobby yells looking at his paper and the sign of the Door. "Wait that's my moms class" Preston said scratching his head. "Really?" Emma asked touching his shoulder. "I didn't know your mom taught here"I say putting my hands on my hips." Who is your mom by the way?" Bobby asked "Storm" Preston replied. I thought back the day we got to visit the X-Mansion for the first time when I glanced around and I couldn't figure out who his mom was but now it all came back to me she was and X-Men before my mom and dad were."So lets go in" Emma says as Bobby opens the door immediately cutting off Preston's mother's conversation. "Hello Freshmen" she greets as we walk through the door and take some abandoned seats which was of course in the front of the class room. PSSSSST I hear I turn to see Kurt when our eyes meet he waves at me. I wave back and turn back to the front off the classroom. I should probably start taking notes, I start to reach for my book bag and when I do I realize I don't even have it, "Ugh," I mumble under my breath. I look over to the nearest person and it's a guy with sandy blonde hair, "Um excuse me." I say his face instantly shoots over at mine, "Do you have a pencil and some paper I can borrow?" I ask with a longing look on my face. He gives a small smirk "First day ?"he whispers, "Yeah" I groan lowly "It gets better" he says handing me a piece of paper and a mechanical pencil. "Thanks" I say with a small smile, "Kaley, Liam is there anything you want to share with the class?" Storm questions "Um no ma'am" I say moving stray hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear then she continues.

"Well since we have about five minutes left how bout I give you a little taste of what we were discussing today" Storm said with her fingers are crossed and intertwined, she walked around the classroom slowly, but watching us all as she began to speak. "Doubled or Hybrid Mutant's , these are the special kind a doubled mutant is the offspring of other mutants who inherit both of there parents mutant abilities they are very rare to find in fact we have on in this very University" She says as we all look around to figure out who it was. "It's me" Preston said putting an end to our curiosity. "Huh" I gasped while the whole class turned to look at him. "Cool" Bobby says pointing at him, "Wow but how come you never told us" Emma says. "Cause I'm like Kaley, I can't really control that side of my powers." he states. "HEY!!! I can so use my powers" I yell as the bell rings and the students flood out the classroom leaving us all behind with Preston's mother, Who changed immediately after the class hollowed out. "What happened this morning at breakfast" she yelled nearly scaring the life out of us. "Uhh Mrs. Preston's Mom" Bobby starts" It wasn't exactly our fault" He finishes.