Playing hard to get△lance sweets

Lance sweets x reader

Warnings: none

You and Angela were sat on the couch above the platform siping some coffee and chatting during your brake time.

"Y/N? Can I ask you some thing?" She asked placing her coffee down on the table.

"Sure, what is it?" You asked.

"Lance asked you out right?" She questioned. You nodded talking a sip if your coffee.

"He wants to why you said no, I mean if I wasn't with Hodgins, I would jump on that." You chuckled at her response.

"No no, I'm-I'm just not looking to date right now." You told her.

"Why? He's hot, intelligent, caring. what more could you ask for?" She said.

"look Angie, I agree with all those things, but I'm just not looking for anyone right now."

"He thinks your playing hard to get." She said.

"Hard to get?" She nodded.

"The reason I don't want to date him isn't because I'm 'playing hard to get'" you said.

"Than what's the reason?"

"The last relationship I was in, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. He cheated on me with one if my best friends, well now former best friend. I just don't know if I'm ready to date just yet." You admitted.

You looked at you with sympathetic eyes. "Sweetie, I'm so sorry. What a jerk."

You nodded holding back tears thinking about the memories.

She moved closer to you and put a hand on your knee. "I think you should tell him. Not saying you should say yes but i think he deserves to know the truth." She said.

"Your right, thanks Angela." You sat up and grabbed your bag.

"Your welcome."

-

You entered the FBI building and headed to sweets office.

You knocked on the door and herd a muffled 'come in' behind the door.

You opened it and say lance sitting in his chair reading paper work. He look up and was shocked to see you.

"Hi Y/N, can I help you?" He asked.

"Yeah, um do you have a minute?"

He looked at his watch then back at you.

"Of course.sit down." You took a seat on him couch. "What seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"I'm not playing hard to get." You told him. He seemed surprised by your statement.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, pretending he didn't know what you were talking about.

"Angela talked to me about what you told her, it's not that I don't like you, I think your a great guy, And I think you deserve to know that I'm just not ready for another relationship right now."

He looked at you with a small smile on his face.

"I appreciate you telling me, I hope that one day when your ready you accept my offer and let me take you on a date." He said.

"Thank you for understanding me." You said.

"It's kinda my job to understand people, I am a shrink."

(Sorry thing is so short and not that great, I really tried my hardest to make this great.)