Player△jack hodgins

jack Hodgins x reader

Warnings: none

Prompt 9 "your just another player and guess what? It's game over."

Another day, another murder. You were about to go to the lab to look for any chemicals that were in the organs, but Hodgins stopped you on your way there.

"Hey Y/N." He said.

"Oh hey Hodgins. Can I help you with anything?" You asked.

"No I just want to say hi. Are you taking those to find any chemicals?"

"Yes." You said.

"How about I take those for you?" He offered.

"No it's fine." You said.

"Come on." He took the tray of organs from you. "Let me be a gentlemen."

You blushed and looked down at your shoes. He started to walk away but turned back around.

"After I'm done with this do you want to get lunch together?" He asked.

"Sure." You said.

He gave you a wink and walked away.

-

"So he asked you out?" Zack asked. He was looking at the bones and were were sat in a Stool.

"Well it's not really a 'date'" you said doing air quotes. "Were just hanging out." You pulling out a tube of lip gloss then applying it.

"They why are you making your self look nice?"He asked.

"What I can't look nice just because?"

"To my understanding, when a women puts on make up it means she wants a man to notice her." He said turning his attention back to the bones.

"You just don't get it zack." You said standing up.

"Hodgins said that to me to, huh, maybe you to are a good match."

-

You and Hodgins were sat at a table eating your lunch. You were sat laughing and talking, over all having a good time. But out if the corner of your eye you spotted zack watching you to from a distance.

"Excuse me for a minute." You said getting up and walking over to zack.

"Zack what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how your date was going."

"Zack I told you, it's not a date." You said.

"It looks like it to me.." He pointed out.

"Okay fine, it's a date. Look I really like Hodgins and I don't want to mess this up. So can you just please leave? I'll tell you all about it later." You said.

You noticed zack was staring at something behind you. You turned about and say that Angela had taken your stop at the table.

He had his arm around her and was making her laugh. Just like he had done to you, your heart sank and felt hot tears form in your eyes.

"Y/N? Are you-" zack started to ask but you cut him off."

"I'm fine." You said trying to hid the fact that you were almost crying. "I gotta go." You walked away.

-

Back at the lab you were reading up on the results from the tests about the organs.

"Hey Y/N, you ditched me on our lunch date. What happened?" He asked.

"Why don't you go ask Angela?" You snapped at him.

"What do you mean? Me and Angela weren't together."

"Oh really? Then who was the girl you were with?"

Before he could answer you started to talk again.

"Look jack, I get it. Your just another player, and guess what? It's game over."