Mountain Folk Work Ethic [Chapter Three Part Four]

After we dried off and switched into our pajamas, we strode into Tita and Bruno's home. The home was a little small but it had a lot of charm to it. There were a couple of wooden trinkets of animals. Some of the birds in mid-flight and others of small bear cubs cuddling. We went back to the living room to see Tita sowing by hand a piece of my clothing.

"Thanks again Tita. We would have been headed to a world of pain without you and Bruno."

"It's fine sweetheart." She didn't look up at me and focused on her project. "This is good practice! I like a real challenge! Take a seat. I have a few things that I need to discuss with you both."

"Is anything wrong?" Atticus' expression hardened as we both took a chair.

"No," Tita replied as I took a fruit and began to nibble on it. The fruit has a sweet yet sour taste to it. "I just want you both to know that I won't be able to finish this today. There's a lot of fabric to go through. You both will need to stay for a little while. If anything, once we head to town you can make some serious coin with this extra fabric.

"We?" Atticus cocked his head to the side.

Tita nodded. "We need to go to town and run some errands anyway so we might as well go together!" She brought her hands together and smiled warmly.

"Thank you! Thank you so much for opening your home to us Tita." I smiled.

"We really appreciate it." Atticus chimed in.

"Don't think anything of it, sweetie!" She snickered. "Especially since you both will be helping around the farm tomorrow. Bruno can definitely use the help."

"Of course we will." Atticus nodded.

"Good." She finally broke her gaze away from the cloth that she was working. "Just wait a moment." She stood up and exited the room. I continued munching on the fruit 'cause I oddly enough liked the strange bitter taste when she came back with some clothing.

"You both can borrow Bruno's extra clothes while you work. Vaughn, you can start now. Atticus, we'll need to get you patched up. You still don't look good. Once you're lookin good you can assist Vaughn with the outdoor work."

"That makes sense." Atticus nodded and took the clothing handing me my outfit.

Grabbing my work outfit from him I looked back at Tita. "You're still going to tell me the story, right?"

"Of course sweetie!" She giggled. "Those were some wild times! Your parents were a real hoot, especially your mother!" She headed towards the doorway. "I'll leave you two to change. Meet me behind the house. You can squeeze some tasks in today while I cook dinner."

"Sounds like a plan!" I gave her a nod. Once she left I began to change.

"Not too shy now are we?" I looked up to see Atticus shirtless and smirking at me.

Face flushed I looked away from him. "W-well," I stammered. "It's just as you said. We both have the same parts...and I'm more comfortable with you now. It didn't even occur to me." I looked up to see that he was buttoning up his shirt.

"Well, get to it!" He put on his shoes. "We've got work to do!" I quickly switched outfits and followed him out of the house.

As we walked out we saw Bruno and Tita having a heated discussion. "Why are they wearing my clothing?" Bruno waved a hand at us as he spoke to his wife.

"I'm not done fixing their clothing! They can help you around the farm while I work on the food but they can't do it naked!"

"Fine," Bruno grumbled and turned towards us, placed his hands on his hips, and boomed. "Let's see what you, mountain folk got! Follow me."

We began to walk towards a small structure almost about a third of the size of their home. "I don't think I really noticed this structure earlier."

"Trust me, boy, that lake likes to steal the show." Bruno gleamed a little in approval. We walked in through the entryway he gestured around the inside. "We will begin by working in here."

----------------

Hey everyone! I hope y'all have a happy holiday season! I'm headed around to celebrate Noche Buena (Christmas Eve) with my family. If you don't celebrate any holidays then well...hopefully, you had the day off and can spend it as you see fit?

Have a good evening y'all and as always like the story, follow me for updates, and post comments!

-Ryan