I'm meeting my grandfather

Percy

Edit: I should've edited this way earlier :3

I emerged from the taxi and into the dark sky of New York. It's been pretty long since I had visited my mom, but now I was eager for answers about my new evil grandfather.

"What kind of name is Voldemort, anyways?" I muttered as I took the stairs to my apartment room. When I got there, I knocked on the door and said loudly "Mom, it's me. I came because Chiron told me about my grandfather."

There were several muffled voices coming from the room, and I frowned. Wasn't my mom the only one here? Paul had left on a business trip and wasn't due to come back for another three days.

Finally, the door opened and I reacted instinctively, my hand gripping Riptide in my pocket. My mom stood in the threshold, her face flushed. She tried giving me a smile, but I looked over her shoulder to see two, strangely dressed men standing in the living room. They both were wearing cloaks.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked as she ushered me inside before hastily closing the door. "Who are these people?"

"We've been sent by your grandfather, Perseus Jackson." One of the cloaked men said. He took off his hood to reveal a scowling face.

"It's Percy. Just Percy is fine." I said automatically.

My mom tensed when I said that. What? Did I do something wrong already? I hope not. But again, I usually get into trouble.

The two people stared at me, before the other cloaked one muttered "Right. Nathaniel, he doesn't go by that name."

"Why should we listen to him?" Nathaniel sneered.

The other cloaked man pulled off his hood as well to reveal a slightly, kinder face than Nathaniel's. The man looked at me.

"So you're the Dark Lord's grandson."

"Apparently I am. I literally just found out like 20 minutes ago." I said. I was starting to get anxious. Who exactly were these people?

"Jones and I were sent to take you back to meet your grandfather, boy." Nathaniel said. "But apparently, your mother still has some explaining to do."

"Wait a second. You're going to take me to meet someone who is evil?" I asked.

Nathaniel and Jones looked stunned at the words that came out of my trouble-making mouth.

My mom hastily pulled me over and pushed me hard so that I stumbled back and fell onto a couch. "Percy! Speak nicely to these men, or they'll kill you!"

I opened my mouth to retort, but Nathaniel cut me off. "Doesn't matter, boy. We need your mom to explain everything to you, and then we'll be on our way."

"But I don't want to meet my evil grandfather. What if he tries to kill me? Trust me, my other one tried to do that."

Nathaniel and Jones's expressions darkened, but Sally said quickly "Percy, you've been horribly misled. Voldemort is a misunderstood person. Meet the guy, and then you will be spending some time with him and at Hogwarts."

"Who what where when why how?" I blurted. "Mom, you don't make any sense."

"GET ON WITH EXPLAINING ALREADY! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" Nathaniel roared.

Sally nodded and sat beside me on the couch. She looked straight at me and whispered "This is going to take a long time to explain, dear. But I assure you, everything I'm saying is real."