Being a teacher is amazing

Annabeth

I waited with Percy outside as our class walked towards us, many of the students were eyeing the huge pile of weapons beside Percy with nervous expressions.

The students all lined up in front of us with Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the front of the crowd. I looked at Percy and he clasped his hands together, a smirk toying at his lips.

"Alright, are you all Gryffindors or.....?" Percy trailed off as a student shouted "Yeah, we're just Gryffindors!"

Percy nodded his consent and ordered "Okay everyone, choose a partner and face each other. Spread out, I don't want anyone injured on our first day teaching." Harry glanced between Ron and Hermione, obviously trying to see which one of them he would choose but I stifled a laugh as Hermione and Ron instantly paired up. "Sorry Harry, go find someone else." Ron said.

Harry looked around but everyone else had already found a partner and had spaced out. Percy smiled and said "Well Harry, I guess you'll be my partner." I chuckled at his terrified expression and I knew that Harry must've seen Percy fight before.

"Annabeth, please tell them what to do." Percy said, looking at me with a lopsided grin. I arched an eyebrow before turning to face the waiting wizards. "Today will be mainly focused on hand to hand combat. Once we've learned the basics, then we'll be moving onto weapons."

My eyes flickered between the silent students before speaking again. "Hand to hand combat is important because what if your wand or weapon get lost in the battle? You have to at least defend yourself with something. And that something would be your fists to our legs or you get the idea."

I waved my hand towards my boyfriend and Harry. "This would be a demonstration. Gather around." As all the students flocked towards Percy and Harry, I heard Hermione whisper to Harry "Good luck, you're going to need it."

I smirked. Seems Percy had really shown everyone here what he could do.

"Get into your defensive positions!" I shouted. Percy rolled his eyes and pouted. "Do I have to? We don't even use defensive positions anymore!"

"Just do it." I said, glaring at him. Percy sighed loudly and slowly shifted, bending his knees slightly and holding out his fists. Harry eyed him before shifting into the same position as Percy. I laughed quietly to myself. This was going to be interesting.

"GO!" I yelled. Percy tilted his head, all liveliness gone from his expression. His body tensed, and I could practically see the muscles tightening in his arms and legs. Harry eyed his opponent warily before shaking his head and muttering "I'm screwed anyways."

He rushed at Percy, fists out. Harry took a swing at Percy's face but my boyfriend merely spun around, easily avoiding the blow. Harry stumbled forwards and Percy swept his leg out, making Harry trip over it and fall to the ground.

The whole crowd of students were eerily silent. They had just watched one of the saviours of the wizarding world get defeated in an instant by a newcomer.

Percy smiled and held out his hand. Harry grabbed it and Percy pulled him easily to his feet. "See how untrained you all are in hand to hand combat? This is why our camp, our trainers, teach us all we need to know." I continued.

"Now! All you face your partner and start attacking! If you get injured, call either me or Percy over and we'll help you!" I shouted. The wizards scrambled around, and when everyone was starting to practice, I walked over to my boyfriend and Harry.

"You know, you're lucky to get Percy as your partner, you know." I said, chuckling. I noticed Harry's confused face and added "Because he's the best swordsman we've ever seen in over three hundred years. With Percy helping you, you'll do fine."