Slytherin!

Percy

I was literally going to explode as the train finally slowed to a stop. I had dressed in the Hogwarts robes, and I was standing just outside the train doors with Malfoy, Blaise, and Pansy. We had become pretty good friends for the six hours we'd been on the train. I learned that they were all pure-bloods, and they were all in Slytherin. Draco had told me that if I wasn't in Slytherin, he was going to kill me, but then he said that he was joking afterwards. But I could tell that he wasn't really joking.

Oh please, let me be in Slytherin! If I'm not, I'm disappointing so many people!

When the train came to a complete stop, I yanked open the doors and jumped outside, followed by Draco, Pansy, and Blaise. I landed on another platform, but I looked up to see about a hundred or so more carriages waiting near the end of the platform, pulled by skeletal horses. I looked further than that, but I couldn't see anything else besides the skeletal horses.

Most of the students were walking towards the carriages, and I was about to follow when a gruff voice behind me said "Ay, are ye Perseus Riddle?"

I turned and nearly choked in shock. A giant was standing behind me, his gaze locked on me. He had a long, tangled beard with tangled hair and twinkling black eyes.

I plunged my hand instinctively into my pocket and brought out Riptide, but before I could uncap it, the giant held up his hands. "Oi, calm down, will yer!? I'm friendly, I'm not like the other giants ye have fought!"

I eyed him suspiciously, before putting Riptide away and saying "Well, come to think of it, I don't think giants apart from you could speak such fluent English."

"I'll take as a compliment!" The giant said. I also just realized that he was much shorter than the average giant, about half of their size. But he was still a giant no matter what.

"Yes, I am Perseus Riddle, but please just call me Percy." I said. "What do you need?"

"Since you're a transfer student and ye haven't seen Hogwarts yet, ye gonna come with me and the first years to see em." The giant explained. "And I am Rubeus Hagrid, but you can just call me Hagrid."

"Ok..... Hagrid." I said, and he beamed before turning and starting to walk towards a bunch of children who were huddled against the wall looking frightened.

Hagrid walked past the children to a small opening in the platform. He grunted before crouching down and climbing awkwardly through the opening that was way too small for him. Sighing, I followed him with the children trailing right behind me. I emerged on the other side to see about a dozen boats floating in a huge lake. The moon made the water shimmer and glow.

I looked at Hagrid as he said "Ye are going to be ridin with me, Percy. THREE TO A BOAT!" He yelled to the other children. As they all scrambled to get onto a boat, Hagrid and I climbed into one. The boat rocked dangerously when Hagrid stepped onto it but I willed the waters to trap the boat so that we wouldn't capsize.

Hagrid gave me a grateful smile as he sat down, and once I had released my control over the water he said "So yer a son of Poseidon, eh?"

I looked at him for a moment before nodding. "Yes, who told you that?" "The Headmistress of Hogwarts, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid answered. "Now will you do me a favor and push all the boats away from the shore? We're due at Hogwarts in five minutes, ye see?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, as I closed my eyes and felt a tug in my gut. The water responded to my will and all of the boats pushed away from the shore and started to race over the water towards Hogwarts. When Hogwarts came into view, I gasped. It was literally a castle, with spiralling turrents and many windows, which most of them were lit. The castle sat on top of a large hill, and it looked amazing underneath the starry sky.