The war (part 2)

Percy

I watched in horror as Hermione fell to the ground with a spear through her chest. Blood immediately started to pour from the wound, staining the grass red. 

Harry and Ron gave similar cries of anguish and they ran towards their friend. I turned to Kronos, my eyes narrowed in hate. Fury bubbled up inside of me and I gripped my sword so tightly that my knuckles turned white. Hermione was one of my best friends. I wanted to get to know her better after this war was over but it seems like that won't be happening anytime soon. 

"Son of a bitch." I hissed. "I actually liked her." Kronos twirled his scythe in his hand, a bored expression on his face. "It doesn't matter. One measly death does not concern me." 

At those words, I snapped. All the anger and hate and worry and stress that I've been carrying around since I've heard about the war just exploded. I yelled in fury and the sky darkened once more. The wind howled and whipped around me and rain came down in relentless sheets. I took one step towards Kronos, my eyes trained on his surprised face. I glanced down and saw that a small hurricane had formed around me. 

The ground rumbled underneath me and Kronos stumbled as a crack opened up in the earth where he was standing seconds ago. "Don't speak about my friends like that, you piece of shit." I growled. 

"You've grown stronger." Kronos said, his golden eyes bright with hidden anger. "But that doesn't matter. You will die, and everyone else will fall with you!" I growled as I launched myself at him, Riptide aimed for his chest. 

Kronos easily batted that away and I spun, my sword aiming for a slice at his ribs. Kronos slammed my sword away with his scythe and I stumbled back from the force of the blow. I ignored the anxious cries around me and I simply charged at him again. Kronos slashed with his scythe and Riptide met the hit. I pushed hard against his scythe until I jumped back and struck again and again. 

My frustration grew as Kronos blocked every hit. I took a step back and gave myself a quick break. The rain had grown heavier since I started my fight against Kronos. I glanced back to see many of the wizards finishing off their last opponents. Ron and Harry were still kneeling by Hermione, their faces streaked with tears and rain. 

"PERCY!" I heard Annabeth's panicked voice. My reflexes kicked in and I threw myself to the side just as Kronos's scythe slashed through the spot where I was standing seconds ago. I scrambled to my feet and I attacked my grandfather with a flurry of strikes. Once again, he blocked every hit and I felt my energy slowly drain away. 

Kronos finally managed to get a lucky strike and his scythe hit my hand, knocking my sword out of my grasp. I stumbled back just as Kronos slammed the flat edge of the scythe into my chest, knocking me back. I fell to the floor and Kronos placed the tip of the scythe against my chest, a gloating smile on his face. 

"Well Perseus, I was right. In the end, you all will die." I glared at him and I felt the storm that I had created slowly vanish. I had to buy more time so that Riptide would be able to reappear in my pocket. 

"Oh really? Almost all of your army is destroyed. Once you kill me, everyone else would just gang up on you." 

Kronos smirked as he dug the point of the scythe deeper into my chest. I swallowed as I felt pain arc through me. "You were my main focus in this war, Perseus. Once you're dead, I'll easily kill the rest of you. 

I felt a small weight appear in my pocket and I had to repress the urge to smile. Riptide had returned. 

I inched my hand towards my pocket until my fingers closed around the ballpoint ben. I looked up at Kronos's golden eyes and spat in his face. Kronos roared in anger and he lifted the scythe up, prepared to kill me. Just as the weapon came down, I rolled out of the way and ripped the cap off of the pen. Riptide spiralled out and the sword embedded itself in Kronos's ribs. 

The titan's eyes widened in shock as the scythe dropped out of his hands. He glanced down to see my sword lodged firmly in his side. 

"Guess what bitch? I'm Percy Jackson, and I don't die that easily." I said with a smirk.

 Kronos bellowed in pain as his body glowed. I yanked Riptide out of his side and covered my eyes just as his body exploded. Heat washed over me and my skin tingled painfully. When it was over, I opened my eyes to see nothing but charred grass where Kronos was standing moments ago. 

My sword fell out of my hand and I sank to my knees, exhausted. I heard cheering and I looked to see the wizards swarming towards me, all of them yelling my name. The first one to reach me was Annabeth. She dropped down beside me and grabbed my hand, her grey eyes bright with unshed tears. "You did it, Percy. You killed him."

I managed a small smile. "Yes I did." Annabeth laughed before she pulled me in and kissed me. I kissed her back, my arms going around her. Her hand reached up and stroked my hair and I smiled into the kiss. 

I heard people laughing and making kissing sounds in the background so I broke the kiss and gripped Annabeth's hand. I suddenly remembered Hermione and I felt guilt rise up inside of me. 

"Annabeth, I have to go see Hermione." I said as I staggered to my feet. Annabeth nodded and she helped me stumble over to where Hermione lay, the spear still protruding from her chest. Ron and Harry were still by her side, their eyes red and puffy. Tears were still rolling down their cheeks. 

I gently eased in between them and looked at Hermione's pale face. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled weakly when she saw me. "Percy." "Sh, save your strength." I whispered as I gently grabbed her hand. Looking at her wound, I knew nothing could save her. 

"Thank you for everything, Percy. You're an amazing friend. You too, Ron, Harry. I couldn't have asked for anyone better." Hermione took a rattling breath and I felt her grip on my hand loosening. Tears started to drip down my cheeks as well as I looked at her dying body.

"It's no problem, Hermione. It's the least I could do for you all." I said sadly.  

"You trained everyone w-well. That-that was why we won." Hermione breathed. Her eyes flickered between Ron, Harry, and I before they switched to Annabeth standing behind me. "You as well, Annabeth. Thank you." 

Annabeth exhaled before she went over and touched Hermione's cheek with a gentle hand. "Rest. You can rest now." Hermione smiled one last time before her grip on my hand disappeared. I moved my hand away and watched as her hand fell limply to the floor. I glanced at her before reaching over and gently closing her eyes. 

"May you rest in peace, Hermione Granger." 

Word count: 1223

oh man. i cried a little myself while writing the ending of this chapter. 

this book is coming to an end! prepare for the next chapter sometime next week, which will be the last one! and then i'm finished this book!

this literally took me like.... wow..... only four months to complete. not as long as i've expected it to take.

\_('-')_\ u n t i l n e x t t i m e <dont even know what I did there