Now I'm scared....

Harry

I whirled around when I heard screams and terrified yells and saw a giant black thing literally materialize out of thin air to pounce straight at Percy. He managed to throw himself out of the way as the giant thing leaped straight past him.

It landed on all fours and growled, baring sharp, yellow teeth at Percy. It was like some sort of giant black hound, except that it was much, much larger than it was supposed to be. It's eyes were fiery red, and sharp claws dug into the ground as it snarled at Percy.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" Someone yelled. "It's a hellhound! It's basically some sort of demon dog!" Annabeth yelled as she unsheathed a dagger seemingly out of nowhere. Percy plunged his hand into his pocket and hastily got out his pen. He uncapped it and his sword sprang into life just as the hellhound pounced at him again.

Percy leaped into the air just as the hellhound lunged at him and threw his sword with perfect accuracy. The sword embedded itself into the hellhound's head and with a pained whimper, the giant hound disintegrated into dust.

Percy landed lightly on the ground and he bent down to pick up his sword but something flashed past me to strike Percy square in the shoulder. He staggered back, and my eyes widened when I saw a knife lodged firmly in Percy's shoulder.

Annabeth ran over to her boyfriend and whirled around just to parry another knife that was aimed for Percy's face. Percy tightened his fingers around the knife and with a pained grunt, he pulled the weapon clean out of his shoulder. Blood started to flow from the wound, but Percy ripped off a piece of his shirt and pressed it against the wound.

Footsteps approached and I stared as a giant man emerged from the distance. He was wearing a set of armour and a ram helmet was perched on his head. A spear was clutched in his hand, and a sneer was painted on the man's face.

"No." Percy gasped as Annabeth's eyes widened in fear. I ran over to them along with the rest of the students and we all turned to face the approaching figure.

The man stopped a short distance away and smiled mockingly at us. "Well well well, if it isn't the great Perseus Jackson and his girlfriend." "She has a name, you know." Percy ground out as he slowly edged himself into a fighting stance.

"Names are of no importance to me." The man said dismissively. His eyes flickered to us and his sneer deepened. "What do we have here? You're training a bunch of stupid, small wizards to fight Kronos? That's hilarious."

"What are you doing here, Krios? Kronos is so scared to fight us that he needs to get two of his titan brothers to help?" Percy spat out. Krios' eyes glinted with amusement and he laughed.

"Actually, Perseus, Kronos has issued a new order. He wants me to bring you to him alive so that when the pesky wizards rally up to fight him, he'll kill you in front of all of them. That would show them how helpless they truly are."

Percy's eyes narrowed as Annabeth's grip on her dagger tightened. They exchanged looks before Annabeth growled "You are not taking Percy anywhere, titan. If you want him, you would have to go through me."

I surprised myself by adding "And you have to go through us as well." I turned and glared at my fellow classmates but was pleased to see that they all were nodding as well. Krios looked furious and he raised his spear. "So be it! You're all going to die eventually!"

He lunged at Annabeth who was standing directly in front of Percy, but Percy pushed her out of the way and raised his sword to block the spear from impaling his girlfriend. The force of Krios' strike pushed Percy back a few steps, but his eyes narrowed and he pushed back hard against the spear. Krios pulled back his spear and slashed at Percy, but he countered the strike.

Annabeth ran at Krios and stabbed with her dagger at the chinks in his armour, but Krios ducked to avoid Percy's sword and jabbed the spear at Annabeth. She ducked, and then spun and stabbed her knife in Krios' side, sinking the knife into the chinks of his armour.

Krios roared in pain as golden blood poured from the wound. He slammed the flat end of his spear into Ananbeth's stomach, knocking her back and sending her into a heap on the grass. Percy came in with a flurry of strikes and slashes from his sword and the two of them exchanged hits, neither able to get the upper hand. I ran over to Annabeth and knelt beside her.

"Annabeth, are you okay?" I asked nervously. She groaned and nodded, clutching her ribs. "I'm fine, get back to the fight. I can't let Percy get killed." I glanced up just in time to see Percy barely fend off a strike that would've cleaved him in half.

I looked over and saw the sword I've been practicing with today lying several feet away in the grass, the blade sparkling and gleaming in the sunlight. I scrambled over to the sword and picked it up by the hilt. I swallowed and turned back to see Krios slice a long gash with his spear across Percy's arm.

The demigod jumped back but Krios spun his spear and swept Percy off of his feet, sending him to the ground. Krios smirked at Percy who glowered at him. "You're not going to die today, Perseus Jackson. Kronos wants you delivered to him personally."

I heard a battle cry and my eyes widened as I saw Ron jump at Krios with his spear raised. Krios turned too slowly and Ron plunged his spear all the way down to the hilt in his back.

Krios bellowed in pain and was about to backhand Ron in the face but Hermione slashed wildly with her sword and managed to cut Krios' hand. More golden blood flowed from the wound and the enraged Krios turned on my two brave friends.

"Pesky wizards, I am A TITAN! You cannot kill me that easily!" Krios tried to impale Ron and Hermione with his spear but Percy vaulted to his feet and drove his sword as hard as he could into Krios' ribcage.

The titan roared in agony just as Percy took a running leap and sliced a deep gash across the titan's throat. Krios dissolved into golden dust.

Percy dropped to his knees, clearly exhausted. The wound on his arm and in his shoulder was still bleeding heavily. I ran over to Ron and Hermione who looked terrified. "Guys, that was bloody amazing! You saved Percy's life!"

"I suppose we did, but it was the least we could do." Hermione said shakily. I turned to Percy and was surprised to see Annabeth at his side. How did she get there so fast?

The other students gathered around Percy and Annabeth and watched as Annabeth tried to tend to the wounds that her boyfriend has. "We could just take him to the hospital wing." Ron suggested.

"If only we had ambrosia." Percy muttered faintly. Annabeth rolled her eyes and helped him to his feet. Before they left, Annabeth turned back to Ron and Hermione. "Thank you for helping Percy against Krios. I'm sure all of you have many questions, and we would gladly answer them next class."

"I'm going to tell the headmistress about what happened today." I told Percy and Annabeth. A small smile appeared at the corners of Percy's mouth. "Yes, that's a good idea. We'll see you all soon."

I watched as Percy and Annabeth disappeared into Hogwarts before turning to the dumbstruck Gryffindor's. "Okay... what the fucking hell just happened?" Seamus asked in disbelief. "Who was that guy?"

"Annabeth and Percy called him a titan. It must be someone working with Kronos." Hermione mused. I shrugged and started to walk towards Hogwarts. "I'm going to tell the headmistress what happened. This war is going to be scarier than I thought.

Word count: 1371

do you know the one thing i hate the most is presenting something in front of the class by myself. it's so nerve-wracking feeling everyone's eyes on you.

and yay, i have to do that on Wednesday.

life hits me in the face. anyways, thanks for 44k reads! i'm just going to wait until the day i hit 100k and then i can go crazy.....

now you guys can get over the cliffhanger in the last chapter :)