I'm sorry

Percy

When we had all finally gotten out of the underground cavern, I held up a hand to stop my companions and my family. They all gave me confused looks but I muttered "Yeah, I'm just gonna.... just gonna sit down."

I collapsed onto my back, breathing heavily. My whole body ached from being hit by the Killing Curse and then flung into a wall. Jeez, even if I'm immune to it, it still hurt like hell.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat down around me while my mother and Voldemort stayed off to the side, talking urgently about something. Harry was giving me a look, and I could tell that he was still trying to process over the fact that I had saved him.

What, my fatal flaw is loyalty!

"Are you feeling alright, Percy?" Hermione asked after a moment of awkward silence. I sat up, wincing, and nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm okay. But holy hera, that hurt."

"You shouldn't have done that, Percy." Harry said quietly. I glared at him and he shrunk back in fear. "No, I should've done that. I couldn't have just let you die, Harry. Not another one of my friends."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all looked at me stunned, shocked that I had acknowledged them as a friend. I smiled slyly and said "I do have the right to call you that, no? After all we've done together?"

Their faces broke out into huge smiles, and Hermione surprised me by leaping at me and knocking me back down onto the ground. She flung her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you Percy."

Soon, I felt more people hug me and I groaned. "Agh, get off! Okay, okay, that's enough!" I heard laughter as the pressure on me disappeared and I sat up once again to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione beaming at me.

"We should head back, I almost forgot that we're sitting in Alaska." Ron said, holding out a hand to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet.

We joined my mother and grandfather, but I could tell that my new friends still didn't trust him. I sighed. I had to get this right.

"Stop glaring at each other, it's not going to solve anything." I said wearily after watching the four wizards set off in a glaring contest.

"Voldemort's changed, give him a chance." Sally interjected from beside me. "Right?"

Voldemort heastied, before sighing and lowered his gaze. "I'm sorry."

Harry, Hermione, and Ron looked as if someone had struck them in the face. "What-What did you just say?" Harry asked in disbelief,

"He said sorry, bird brain." Hermione scowled. She turned her attention back to Voldemort with an expressionless face. "Sorry about what?"

"Ugh this is so pathetic." Voldemort grumbled. He spread his arms and continued "I'm sorry about everything. About murdering Harry's parents, about my Death Eater's murdering Sirius Black and Albus Dumbledore. I'm sorry for all the death I have caused." 

Harry stared at his greatest enemy for a long moment before stepping forwards and sticking out his hand. "The past is in the past, Voldemort. Let's start over, shall we?"

Voldemort looked surprised at how easily Harry had forgiven him but he covered that up quickly before holding his hand out as well. "We shall." The two of them grasped hands and shook before stepping back.

(Honestly, even I'm not that easy. It takes me a long time to get me to forgive someone.)

I was quite happy and I looked at Hermione and Ron. "Well?" Both of them looked at each other before nodding and stepping forwards as well. "We're giving you a second chance to change everything you've done, Voldemort. Do not make us regret giving you this chance." Ron said.