I did it, Annabeth

Annabeth

I sat by myself in the Athena cabin, thinking anxiously about Percy. The last time I had heard from him was when he said that he was going to rescue his family. And that was about two days ago.

Ever since Chiron had told the campers that Percy had left on a quest, they had all been looking up to me instead of Percy, who was obviously their leader, even though he had protested that he was not.

I was crumbling under stress and worry. Stress about how I was organizing the camp and the campers these past few weeks without Percy, and worry about how my seaweed brain was doing. If only Chiron had let me go with him.

I groaned loudly and buried my head in my hands. And to top it all off, the Goddess Artemis and her hunters were staying at camp for a few hours while Artemis talked to Chiron about something. I had to stop many fights from breaking out between the hunters and the boys in the camp.

"Percy, I miss you so much. Please be safe and come back." I whispered. The door to the Athena cabin slid open suddenly and I looked up as a girl with spiky black hair walked in, a bow slung over her shoulder. I stared at her in shock. Thalia, the lieutenant of Artemis and the daughter of Zeus smirked at my shocked expression. "Hey Annabeth."

"Holy Hera, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, but then I sighed in exasperation at the words that had came out of my mouth. Of course Thalia would be in camp, she was with the Hunters after all.

Thalia looked at me before sitting down next to me, taking her bow off of her shoulder and putting it on the floor. "Annabeth, Percy would be fine. He's an amazing fighter, even better than me. But don't tell him I said that."

I chuckled softly and muttered "Yeah, I know, but how could I not be worried when he's leaving to fight an unknown opponent that managed to hide themselves from even the Gods?"

Thalia pursed her lips and said "Percy can take care of himself just fine. But I swear to gods if he dies...."

"Don't say that!" I cried. "Don't get me even more worried than I already am!"

Thalia held up her hands. "Alright, alright, sorry."

I took a deep breath and asked "Aren't you supposed to be with the other hunters until Lady Artemis gets back?" Thalia shrugged and picked up her bow, putting it in her lap. "Not really, some of the other hunters were touring the camp so I decided to visit you. I know you're worried about Percy, but he'll be fine. He wouldn't dare die on you."

I smiled a bit at her words and hugged her. "Thanks Thalia, that really means a lot."

She laughed and said "Percy's going to have Hades to pay when he comes back for making all of us worry about him." I nodded in agreement just as a hunting horn sounded across the camp. Thalia stood up and looked at me. "That's my cue to leave. I'll see you soon, Annabeth."

"Yeah, bye Thals." I watched as Thalia grinned before leaving the cabin and closing the door. I spent several minutes staring at the door long after Thalia had left, thinking about my impulsive seaweed brain once again. I sighed loudly and looked out at the window. It was nearly time for lunch. Just as I was about to leave the cabin, a soft voice whispered "Annabeth?"

I froze in my tracks, my heart pounding. That voice was what made me happy these past few years. I turned and came face to face with Percy Jackson through an Iris-message. "Percy!" I shouted in happiness. He grinned at me, his green eyes bright with amusement. "Missed me, huh?"

"Of course I missed you! And I'm so worried about you! You could've died!" I cried. Percy tilted his head and said "But I didn't die."

"That's not the point!" I yelled. Then I noticed that behind Percy were three other faces staring curiously at me. One of them was a girl, and the other two were guys.