It's not your fault, Percy

Percy

I walked down the hallway with Annabeth to Professor McGonagall's office after she had told us to meet her there. Annabeth was studying me, her stormy gray eyes analyzing my every move. I knew I had scared her during Professor McGonagall's speech in the dining hall, but what do you expect? After hearing that my evil grandfather, not Voldemort mind you, is alive again, what do you think I should do? Act happy? Oh Hades no.

When we approached a stone gargoyle down the end of the hallway, I grabbed Annabeth's arm to stop her. She glanced at me, a questioning look in her eyes. "What is it, Percy?"

"I know I scared you with my expression in the dining hall. I'm sorry, but after hearing that Kronos is alive again... I-I can't lo-lose anyone-" My voice started to tighten up after I started to speak. The war with Kronos and after seeing so many of my friends die right in front of me has taken a toll on my emotional state. I tried so hard to forget, but I just couldn't.

Annabeth leaned forwards and put a finger to my lips, stopping me from talking. Her face was full of sympathy and concern. "Percy, stop thinking about it. Their deaths weren't your fault, and I'm sure they are all happy in Elysium."

"But if only they didn't go to war then they wouldn't have died." I argued, but Annabeth rolled her eyes and pulled me into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her and when she pulled away, I rested my head on her shoulder even though I had to bend a little to do that.

"Seaweed brain, they died heroic deaths. Now let's go, I bet Professor McGonagall is waiting for us and I don't think she's a patient person." I chuckled at that and we kept walking until we stopped in front of the stone gargoyle. I pulled a slip of paper out of my pocket and unfurled it before looking at the gargoyle and saying "Dumbledore."

The gargoyle tilted it's head before moving aside, opening up a set of stairs. And the stairs were moving. I took Annabeth's hand and we stepped onto the stairs and they carried us to the top where a door was. I knew it was Professor McGonagall's office.

I raised my free hand and knocked loudly before the headmistress called "Come in." I glanced at Annabeth and smiled as she nodded. I pushed open the door and we walked inside.

Professor McGonagall was sitting at a polished wooden desk, the same desk from my dream that I had earlier. Annabeth shut the door behind us and McGonagall pointed at two empty chairs in front of the desk. "Sit, please."

I released Annabeth's hand as we both sat down. There was silence for a few moments before Professor McGonagall spoke. "Since you two offered to train the students in combat, I was wondering where you would like to have your classes held."

I looked at Annabeth, knowing she would probably think of the perfect spot for us to train students. My girlfriend pursed her lips before she leaned forwards in her chair. "I think outside would be the perfect place to train the students, headmistress. It provides us with a lot of room so that students wouldn't accidentally injure anyone else."

Professor McGonagall's lips turned upwards in a small smile as she clasped her hands together on the desk. "I think that's a perfect idea, Ms. Chase. How about the spot beside the lake?"

"Yes, that would be lovely." Annabeth said, smiling.

"I have another question. Where on earth are you going to get all the weapons needed to train the students? We don't have any, of course." Professor McGonagall asked.

"I'll go and ask one of my friends to send some over." I said before Annabeth could respond. She looked at me, confused, but I just shook my head.