This is new

Annabeth

I walked with Percy though a long hallway, looking at everything as Percy talked about what goes on at Hogwarts. We were in the process of climbing a flight of stairs when Percy grabbed my hand. I glanced at him, surprised, and he put a finger to his lips. "There's something going on." He mouthed.

I nodded before he released my hand and we reached the top of the staircase before stopping. Voices floated from a closed door at the end of the hallway. We exchanged glances before smirking and creeping silently towards the closed door.

Once we were directly in front of it, we leaned in and listened. I recognized one of the voices as Professor McGonagall, but the other voices were unfamiliar.

"The boy is a danger to us! We do not even know anything about him, except that he's descended from a Slytherin bloodline!" Professor McGonagall growled.

I looked at Percy and whispered "They're talking about you, aren't they?" He nodded, his green eyes trained on the closed door.

Another voice, a male, responded to the Headmistress. "The boy is a talented wizard! How is he a danger to us?"

"All of the students we have at Hogwarts. We know bits and pieces about their past and about them. Perseus Riddle, we know nothing about." Professor McGonagall retorted.

"Why do you hate the boy so much, Minerva? What has he done to you?" Another male voice questioned.

Percy tensed as he waited for the Headmistress's next words.

There was silence behind the door for a few moments before Professor McGonagall said slowly "I think that Perseus is related to Voldemort."

There were cries of outrage almost immediately after she had said that. "The boy is innocent, Minerva! We do not even have any evidence that he is!"

"Oh, we do. I found this book in the Slytherin dormitory. Mr. Malfoy kindly gave it to me." Professor McGonagall said drily. I stared at Percy, eyes wide. What were they talking about?

Percy's usually tan skin had turned pale as he stared back at me. I gripped his hand tightly, trying to reassure him that everything was going to be fine.

I heard the shuffling of paper and then gasps of surprise and horror from the room that the teachers were in. Percy closed his eyes, and I saw him clench his teeth furiously.

"I can't believe this." Someone else muttered in disbelief. "I don't want to believe this. But the evidence is right here."

Before I could hear anything else, Percy had gripped me by the arm and was pulling me away from the closed door. I let him pull me, but we both stopped after we heard the next sentence.

"Even if Perseus is related to Voldemort, we need a powerful wizard to help us fight in this next war. Perseus is undoubtedly powerful, he could help us. We shouldn't drive him away for being related to Voldemort. The boy hasn't even inherited Voldemort's evil ways! He's kind, polite, and is a great student to teach." A woman said.

Several other teachers in the room voiced their agreement.

Professor McGonagall sighed heavily. "I suppose so. He hasn't done anything serious to hurt anyone, except beating up four Gryffindor boys. But it was self-defense."

"So Perseus will be staying here, I assume? And we won't say anything about this conversation as well, yes?" The same woman prompted.

About a dozen voices said yes, and then the door slowly creaked open. I panicked, squeezing Percy's arm, and he nodded before yanking me down the hall and we both hurled ourselves into an empty classroom. We pressed ourselves against the wall and held our breaths as footsteps walked past the classroom we were in.

When the hallway was silent once again, I let out a long sigh I haven't realized I'd been holding and released Percy's arm. We looked at each other before Percy snapped "I'm so going to fucking kill Draco for giving Professor McGonagall that book."

"Percy, I don't even think he knows what's in that book." I said.

Percy shrugged before his gaze hardened. "They spoke of another enemy, Annabeth, and they want me to be a part of it."

I sighed as I pulled him in closer and pressed my lips against his ear. "Worse comes to worse seaweed brain, I'll be fighting in this war with you. I don't care what Chiron or anyone else says."

Percy smiled and we shared a quick kiss before we broke apart. "But what I'm wondering about is that why didn't any of the teachers tell us about this war?" He asked.

I pursed my lips and shrugged. "They probably don't want to scare us. They'll probably tell us when it actually happens."

Percy sighed and ran a hand through his messy raven black hair. "Another war. Another one."

I shook my head in sympathy. "I know Percy, but we're going to get through this together, okay?" Percy heastied before nodding. "And we'll kick this new enemy's ass."

I laughed and whispered "That's right." I smiled up at him before adding "Want to continue my tour, then?"

Percy grinned and nodded excitedly. "Of course. Let's go, Wise Girl."

-------------------------------------------------------

Once we finished touring Hogwarts as much as we could, we met up with all the other students in the dining hall for dinner. Percy sat at the Slytheirn table so I followed him.

Just as we sat down, Percy's three Slytherin friends came in and sat opposite of us. Draco opened his mouth to say something when Percy said "Draco, why did you give the book to Professor McGonagall?"

Draco shut his mouth and stared at my boyfriend in disbelief and horror. "What-What book?"

"You know, the book that contains the secret about who I'm related to? That book?" Percy said sarcastically.

Draco paled while Blaise and Pansy stared at us in confusion. "What's going on?" Pansy asked.

Percy ignored her and continued "And you know Professor McGonagall hates me? She wants to kick me out of Hogwarts but the other teachers said no."

Draco sighed and put a hand to his forehead. "I'm sorry Percy, I completely forgot about what was in that book. She asked me to give it to her, so I had to."

To everyone's surprise but me, Percy smiled and nodded. "It's cool. I'm not getting kicked out, so I can forgive you just this once."

Malfoy breathed a sigh of relief and held out his hand. Percy shook it and Malfoy said "If you got kicked out because of me, I'll honestly hate myself."

"Don't worry about it, it's fine." Percy leaned back in his chair and eyed the food on the Slytherin table. He looked at me and smirked. "Well Wise Girl? It's dinner time."

Word Count: 1132

I got an update in before Monday, thank god

jeez, thank you all for 9.5K reads! 500 more until 10000! Never knew so many people would like this.......

You won't hear from me for a week, that's why I had to get an update in before I leave tomorrow

Once I get home, I'll update as soon as possible!