He isn't bad after all!

Percy

I looked at the pale man who was supposedly Voldemort just as he said "Ah, welcome Perseus Jackson. I've been waiting to meet you for such a long time."

"Can you just call me Percy, please? I would prefer if you called me by that name." I asked.

Voldemort didn't even appear fazed and he nodded smoothly. "Yes, of course. I shall respect your wishes." He looked at Nathaniel, who was still standing silently beside me, and said "Get out. This is a bonding moment."

Nathaniel bowed once again before turning and leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

"Percy, please take a seat. We have much to discuss." Voldemort said, gesturing at the chair that had suddenly appeared beside me. Warily, I pulled the chair behind me and I sat down, looking at my grandfather.

"I assume you have many questions to ask me about your heritage, Percy?" Voldemort asked once I had sat down. I nodded, clasping my hands together. "Yes. I don't understand anything my mother had just told me."

Voldemort sighed. He opened his mouth to speak before I cut him off. "Are you evil? Because everyone says you are."

Voldemort looked surprised at the question, and he just stared silently at me for a few moments. It was quite unsettling.

Finally, he said softly "Most people in the wizarding world says I am. I did kill many people, but I regret my actions. Everyone thinks I am dead after that upstart brat, Harry Potter, supposedly hit me with my own killing curse, but I am still alive, as you can see."

I blinked, stunned. "Who is Harry?"

Voldemort scowled. That made his face even more disturbing to look at.

"Harry Potter is apparently "The boy who lived." I had attempted to kill him when he was only a baby but it didn't work."

"Why would you want to kill a baby?" I was starting to think maybe my grandfather was evil.

"Because there was a prophecy that said that a boy born on July 31st would eventually be my downfall! I simply did not want to die!"

I held up my hands in a "calm down" gesture. "Whoa there, grandpops. Chill out, it was just a question!"

Voldemort glared murderously at me but I didn't flinch. Annabeth's glares were even scarier than his and I wasn't affected by her glares. Well, not as much these days. But she is still terrifying.

"You are a sarcastic and sassy brat." Voldemort said after a while. "But you are a powerful sassy and sarcastic brat."

I stood up from my chair just to bow to him. I lifted my head and gave my grandfather a cheeky grin. "Thank you! That's a great compliment!"

Voldemort rolled his red eyes and said "Yes, yes, now sit down. Now." I sighed and took a seat once again.

"Since you are my grandson, you come from a long line of powerful slytherins." Voldemort said after a moment. He stopped toying with his wand and put it aside before leaning forwards and clasping his long fingered hands together.

"My Mom explained what Hogwarts was. But I still don't really understand what the four houses mean." I said.

Voldemort nodded slowly. "Well, the four houses.... Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. They all mean something. Slytherin is the cunning and ambitious. Hufflepuff is for the kind and loyal, Gryffindor is for the brave, and Ravenclaw is for the wise."

"Soooooo all of my wizarding people are Slytherin?" I asked. All of this information is confusing.

It was too much for my seaweed brain.

Voldemort nodded once again. "Yes. Us Riddles came from a long line of Slytherins."

"Ok that's great. So tell me more about this Harry Potter." I said. Voldemort glowered at me. It seemed that whenever I brought up Harry, Voldemort looked like he wanted to kill me.

"What would you want to know, grandson?"

"How he had survived when he was a baby." I said softly. "I mean, even I don't think I can do that, and I'm fucking Percy Jackson."

Voldemort snorted. It actually looked like he was trying hard not to laugh. "Well, I shot a killing curse at him and it somehow rebounded on me instead. I barely got away with my life. I spent years in hiding, trying to regain my strength only to be defeated once again."

"Hey, at least you didn't die." I said.

"Two times, Jackson. Two times that I had almost died." Voldemort said impatiently.
"At least you didn't spend as much time as me in life and death situations." I retorted. "And believe me, you do not want to do that."

Voldemort waved a dismissive hand. "Whatever. Now, as I was saying, when you go to Hogwarts, you can't let anyone know you are my grandson and that I am alive. You're going to have to come up with an act about your heritage. Understood?"

"I still don't get how Hogwarts works."

Voldemort looked about ready to kill me right then and there but he composed himself and said in a much more gentler tone "Percy, in Hogwarts there are seven years. Once you complete your seven years you graduate. You're going to be a new student going into the seventh year, along with Harry Potter and his stuck up friends."

"Um won't anyone ask what the hell am I doing with there so late in the year?"

"Come up with your own convincing lie."

I groaned loudly and buried my head in my hands. I was nowhere near as smart as Annabeth. How the hell am I supposed to come up with so many lies on the spot?

I was about to ask Voldemort if he could help me but he said "And no, I would not be helping you. No one knows I am alive, remember? Also, I'm going to send you to Nathaniel and he will take you to Diagon Alley to shop for things you need for Hogwarts."

"Diagon what now?" I asked, but Voldemort merely smiled at me and disappeared from his chair, leaving me alone in the room.

Great.

Word count: 1026

I hate my life.

^^^^ I was just feeling down, I'm fine now lol