The war (part 1)

Harry

I waited outside along with all of the students in Hogwarts. The teachers were inside, finishing up their preparations for the war. 

To say I was nervous or anxious was an understatement. I was completely and utterly terrified. I mean, who wouldn't? We're going up against an enemy I haven't even known existed until Professor McGonagall told us. And this enemy can only be beat with weapons, we can't even use our wands! 

I glanced over at Percy and Annabeth and saw that they were standing a few feet away from everyone else. They were talking in low voices and I could tell from Percy's expression that their conversation wasn't pleasant. 

I shifted and tried to readjust my armour to make it more comfortable for me. It was weighing me down, but not as much that I wouldn't be able to fight. I sighed and tightened my grip on my sword hilt. 

"We're going to be fine." Hermione said. I looked at her and saw her fidgeting with her sword. "Everything is going to be just fine." 

"Stop trying to convince yourself that. Everything is not going to be fine. In any moment, we're going to be fighting for our lives." Ron interjected. He was pale and sweaty. "So no, it's not fine." 

I moved over and put a hand on his shoulder. "We're not giving up Hogwarts to the enemy that easily, alright?" "As if we would, Hogwarts is basically our home." Hermione said, a faint smile on her face. 

Ron didn't respond but he nodded, so I knew I got my point across. As I moved back to my original position, I heard faint footsteps approaching from the distance. Everyone shifted uneasily as the footsteps got louder and louder until the enemy army appeared. In the lead were two tall men dressed in armour. One of the men's armour was so bright it was hard to look at.

Monsters started appearing behind the two men. There were the monsters I saw in my dream, along with hellhounds and some snake ladies. 

Before my very eyes, dark wizards apparated into existence beside the monsters. All of them wore black cloaks and had their hoods pulled up over their faces so that all I could see were their mouths. 

Percy pulled out his pen from his pocket and uncapped the lid, his bronze sword springing out in all of it's glory. Annabeth unsheathed a dagger and twirled it between her fingers. 

One of the men spoke, and when he did, his voice sent chills down my spine because I recognized it. The voice of Kronos, Percy's grandfather. 

"So I see you're all geared up and ready to fight me and my army." Kronos's golden eyes switched to Percy, who glared at his grandfather. "Honestly grandpa, you made a big mistake coming here." 

"Did I? I don't see so. The wizards are such a vulnerable group. They only rely on those pathetic little wands. Other than that, they can't fight at all." A smile appeared at the corners of Kronos's mouth as he said that. The students bristled at his words and I felt fury bubble up inside me. How dare Kronos talk about us like that!

"Our students are weak, and we certainly aren't." I turned to see the teachers appear into existence right beside us. All of them were armed with at least one type of weapon.

Kronos rolled his eyes. "Let's get this over with." With an unspoken command, Kronos's army charged forwards except the man in the golden armour. He remained at Kronos's side. 

I moved forwards to engage one of the dark wizards. The wizard aimed a spell at me, but I ducked and ran my sword into his stomach. The man gasped as blood started to pour from the wound. I yanked my sword out just as the man collapsed to the ground. "I killed someone." I whispered, looking at my bloody sword. "With.... With an actual weapon...."