I'm a natural!

Harry

I waited until everyone in my dorm had fallen asleep before moving silently over to Ron's bed and shaking his shoulder gently. "Time to go!" I hissed at him.

Ron slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. "Alright, alright, I'm coming." I released his shoulder before creeping over to the door that led out of the dorm. I glanced back to see Ron sliding out of his bed and joining me.

I pushed open the door and hurried down the staircase, Ron right at my heels. We met up with Hermione in front of the fireplace and took seats right in front of the fire.

"So, what do you all think about Perseus Riddle?" I asked. Hermione rubbed her eyes and yawned. "I still don't know why you couldn't wait until the morning to have this conversation."

"I don't want to go to bed thinking about it myself." I insisted. Hermione and Ron gave me exasperated looks but I ignored them.

"Don't you think it's weird that he suddenly appeared? On a very short notice? I don't think Hogwarts had any transfer students, no less going straight into the seventh year."

"You're just jealous because he's stealing all the ladies away from you." Ron moaned.

"Psh, all the ladies come naturally to me. I'm freaking Harry Potter, the savior of the Wizarding World!" I said proudly.

Hermione and Ron merely rolled their eyes at me. "Come on, don't you think you're getting old? You're old news, Harry. Now everyone's focused on the new mysterious and handsome transfer student from America." Hermione cast her gaze to the ceiling with a dreamy expression on her face. "His American accent is to die for."

"British accents are better than American accents." I argued. "Anyways, he hates us, why are you fawning over him so much?"

Ron sighed. "Well, he is pretty handsome." "Let's see how he does in class, then. I bet we are better than him." I said.

"Oh look, now you're determined to beat Perseus instead of Malfoy." Ron rubbed his face with a loud groan.

"Malfoy, he is easy to beat now. Plus, he's an outcast anyways when his parents and he supported Voldemort." I said. "If this is all you're going to talk about, I'm going back to bed." Hermione said, standing up. I grabbed her arm before she could leave, earning me an annoyed look from her. "What is it, Harry?"

"No, this isn't what I wanted to talk about. The main thing that I wanted to talk about is Perseus's last name." I explained. Hermione heastied, before she finally sat back down.

"Okay then, what's the problem?"

"The problem is, none of us knows about Perseus's backstory or about his family. Not even Professor McGonagall knows much. When I was passing the entrance hall to get into the dining hall, I overhead Perseus and McGonagall talking. She asked him about his last name, she asked him if he was somehow related to Voldemort. He obviously said no, but listen to this: I don't think any other Slytherin wizarding families have the last name Riddle." I looked at Hermione and Ron, and both of them seemed deep in thought.

Hermione frowned to herself for a moment before looking right at me. "The only way to actually know if Perseus is related to the Dark Lord is if we go to the library."

"Oh please spare me, I'm not going in there. Looking at all the books gives me a headache." Ron grumbled.

"And also, what if Voldemort sent Perseus here to spy on us? What if he's trying to kill me, so that Voldemort could get revenge?" I asked.