Step up your game, lazy pigs.

Hermione

"Again!" Percy's voice shouted over the field. I stopped whatever I was doing to lower my sword and put a hand against my forehead. I put my hand away to see that it was covered in my sweat.

"I think he's pushing us too hard." My partner, Ally, gasped as she straightened up to wipe some sweat away from her hairline. I shook my head as I edged myself into a fighting stance. "Not at all. We have to be prepared to defend ourselves when the war gets here. Which is in two days."

Ally muttered something before she bent down and picked up her sword again. To be honest, all of us are steadily improving after Percy and Annabeth had made us train harder.

We both stared at each other for a few moments before we lunged at the same time. I slashed at her side, but she spun around and took a jab at my thigh. I jumped before kicking her blade out of her hand and watched it land a few feet away from her in the grass. Ally smirked, her eyes taking on a determined look. She eyed me for a moment before she darted at me, and swung an uppercut at my face.

I dodged, but then her other fist came around and slammed into my stomach, knocking the wind out of me and sending me to the ground in a dazed heap.

I groaned and glanced up as Ally hurried over to me and knelt beside me, her face full of concern. "Hermione, are you okay? I'm so sorry!" She extended her hand and I took it, and Ally helped me to my feet.

"You shouldn't say sorry to your enemies on the battlefield." A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned to see Percy standing there with a lopsided smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and went to retrieve my sword from the ground. "Haha, very funny." "I'm serious. I'm not joking. Treat your opponent right now as if they're an enemy, not an ally." Percy walked over to me and raised an eyebrow. "Doing so might cost you your life."

I swallowed. His words had cast a chill down my spine. I saw Ally looking solemn, and I guess she understood Percy's words more than I did.

"You're right, sorry Professor Jackson. But... I'm just scared to take a life." Ally whispered as she stared down at her sword handle. Percy's expression softened and he stepped forwards. He grabbed Ally's other hand and placed it over the sword hilt.

Ally glanced at him with curiosity burning in her eyes. Percy smiled softly and he placed his hands over hers and lifted the sword. "When I was younger and it was first time that I was faced with a situation where I knew I had to take a life, I felt the same way as you did. I didn't want to be blamed for killing someone else. But then I knew I had to, I had to do it to save the people I care about."

Ally was silent for a moment before her eyes shone with a new fiery determination. Percy noticed this and he lifted his hands off of hers. He turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "Hear what I said, Ms. Granger?"

I nodded as I tightened my grip on the sword. "Yes, Professor Jackson." Percy flinched when I said that. "Please, just call me Percy. No need for the Professor, I'm hardly older than any of you."

A faint smile appeared on my face as I nodded once more. "Very good. Continue your training, I'll watch you and help you adjust anything." Percy stepped off to the side as Ally and I faced each other, both us determined to take the other down.

Who wants to claim this line break?-----------------

When class was over, we all headed back into the castle to change and shower. I was exhausted, and sweat ran down my face. Percy and Annabeth had really pushed us hard this lesson.

I met up with Ron and Harry in the hallway, and they started to talk about how their lesson went. "Mate, I actually think I'm decent with a sword! Percy and Annabeth are great teachers, we might have a chance in this war!" Ron exclaimed.