You cold hearted monster!

Harry

"I told you it was a bad idea!" I said, glaring daggers at Ron once we had all safely made it to the Gryffindor common room in one piece. We were all breathing heavily. The image of Perseus uncapping a pen and revealing a bronze sword was seared into my mind. Who the actual hell was he?

Ron doubled over, gasping for breath and putting his hands on his knees. Sweat glistened on his hairline. "I'm-I'm sorry, but we all wanted answers, didn't we?"

Hermione had collapsed in an armchair, staring at the fire with a strange look on her face. I could tell that she was thinking hard.

"Hermione? Can I ask you something?" I asked, coming over to stand beside her. She looked at me, her eyes narrowed in thought. "Go ahead."

"How is it possible for an ordinary pen, a pen for gods sake, to turn into a bronze sword?" 

Hermione bit her lip and ran her hand through her tangled curls in frustration. "I don't know, Harry! When we first met him, I'm pretty sure both of you could feel the power he possessed."

"Yeah, his aura was pretty strong. Stronger than anyone else's."

"The real question is if we should believe everything he told us. About not being related to Voldemort." Ron interjected.

"Of course we shouldn't believe him. He knew that he could've escaped anytime with that sword he had hidden in his pocket. But he chose to stay and wait a bit until we asked him some of our questions." I said impatiently.

Hermione suddenly raised her wand and said "Accio book!" I ducked as a thick, leather book came zooming down the girls staircase and went flying right at my head. Hermione caught the book and I straightened up, looking at her curiously.

"What is that?"

"It's a book, dumbass."

"I didn't mean it that way! I mean, why do you need that?" I glared at Ron, annoyed at his sarcastic voice.

"This book contains information about the pure-blooded wizarding families. I'm going to look up Perseus's last name." Hermione started flipping through the book, muttering furiously to herself while Ron and I shifted awkwardly beside her. A few moments later, she whispered "I got it."

Ron and I leaned down as Hermione pointed at the name "RIDDLE" splashed across the page in ink. "This is a page of Voldemort's descendants. Now....." Her eyes scanned the page anxiously until they widened in shock and horror. "Oh no.... oh no... oh no!"

"I don't see anything because your hair is in the way." Ron said. Hermione brushed her hair aside impatiently before jabbing her finger at the names under Voldemort's. "Look at that!" I squinted, trying my best to read the extremely small print before I was looking at a name that was familiar. Perseus Achilles Riddle.

I gasped and staggered back, knocking into a table and sending some of it's contents to the floor. Hermione and Ron were too busy staring in shock at the name to say anything.

"This can't be happening.... We were right all along! Perseus is Voldemort's heir, or his grandson, or whatever!" I put a hand to my forehead, and an image of the handsome, tall black haired boy popped up into my mind with a cold sneer that mirrored Malfoy's on his face.

I started to panic. We all knew that Perseus was powerful. We felt it from his aura the first time we had seen him in the bookshop. And then when he was in class. The way he excelled at everything.....

And don't forget the fucking pen that can turn into a fucking bronze sword. Totally forgot to leave that out.

Hermione slammed the book shut and tossed it aside before rising from her chair to face me. Her face was pale, but her eyes shone with a determined light. "We have to tell Professor McGonagall about this. She knows something is up with Perseus, and when we tell her that he's related to Voldemort, she'll have to believe us."

"And then what? What is she going to do, kick Perseus out of the school? Kill him, maybe, so that we're all safe?" I demanded, tugging on a lock of my hair.

"She wouldn't kill a student...... But then, maybe she will kick him out. She has the authority to do that, she is headmistress after all." Hermione started to pace, her cloak billowing out around her.

"Perseus is a really good liar, I'll give him that. But we've found him out." She raised her head and smiled. "Once we tell Professor McGonagall, she'll have him expelled and Harry will be safe!"

I opened my mouth to respond when a familiar voice said coldly "I don't think you'll be telling anyone about this discovery." I whirled around along with Hermione and Ron and we all stared at the person in horror. It was none other than the person that we've spying on.... Perseus Achilles Riddle.

"Shit." Was all Ron managed to say.

Perseus leaned against the wall in the Gryffindor common room, a smirk on his face. He was fiddling with the pen that could turn into sword.

"How did you get in here? You couldn't have possibly gotten the password!" Hermione cried. Perseus's eyes twinkled mischievously as he pocketed his pen and smiled.

"I didn't need the password to get in here, Granger. Now, on another note...." Perseus clasped his hands together before wiping any trace of emotion from his face. "Give me that book."

"No! We're going to get you expelled. You're here because you're following your grandfathers orders to kill Harry!" Ron shouted. Hermione gritted her teeth and said angrily "I thought we all agreed, once more, THAT VOLDEMORT IS DEAD!"

Perseus rolled his eyes and suddenly disappeared from where he was standing. I turned just in time to see him reappear near Hermione before bending down and scooping up the book that she had dropped.

"Hm, let's see.... Oh yes, you have found out my secret." He looked at us, just as Ron lunged at him in an attempt to get the book back. Perseus simply sidestepped as Ron fell on his face on the floor. I whipped out my wand and shot a spell, but Perseus disappeared again before reappearing in the spot he was standing before.

He sneered at us as he raised his arm high, the book clutched in his hand. "Now, if you were to go to Professor McGonagall about this, she wouldn't believe you because you wouldn't have any evidence."

"You cold hearted monster! Give that back!" Ron attempted to lunge at Perseus again, but he merely smiled as he disappeared again, vanishing with the only solid evidence they had about Perseus being Voldemort's grandson. Ron hit the floor once more with a thud before leaping to his feet, scowling. "That slimy git! We have to go after him!"

"Ron, we can't. He's probably in the Slytherin common room already." Hermione said glumly. "He's even more powerful than we let on."

"He's playing with us. But we'll get him. One day." I smiled at my friends, who were nodding in agreement. "Now let's go to bed."

Word count: 1186

Sorry for not updating in a week. I had some depressing things to deal with.

Currently scared shitless because my progress report for my school is coming in a week.

Also, I'm going to be leaving for vacation on December 11th. Yeah, I know, the date is in about a month, but I want to give you all a heads up so that you won't be expecting any updates during the 11th to the 17th of December.