Traitor uncovered.

Harry

I woke up feeling extremely exhausted..... and to top it all off, my head hurts. Great, just what I needed. 

I groaned as I remembered the events from yesterday night. An image of Percy crying was seared into my mind. I honestly didn't think he had it in him to cry. He always seemed so brave.

I pushed away my blankets and tried to get out of bed but fell instead to the floor. I cursed loudly as Ron muttered "Wha is goi....going on?" "Nothing, totally did not fall off of my bed." I said as I quickly got to my feet. 

An amused snort came from Seamus. "Yeah sure, of course you didn't Harry. But you did make yourself a wake-up call for us." 

"I'm so glad you care about my well-being." I said sarcastically. Seamus sat up in bed and grinned cheekily at me. "No problem!" 

"Idiot." I put on my robes and grabbed my wand from my nightstand before hollering "BATHROOM'S MINE!" before running into the bathroom and slamming the door shut, ignoring the shouts of protest from my other dorm mates. 

I looked at the mirror and saw the dark circles underneath my eyes. I barely slept at all. 

I turned on the sink and splashed some water on my face before turning the tap off and starting to do my daily routine every morning. Which was literally only brushing my teeth and washing my face. 

I opened the bathroom door only to be shoved aside by Dean. "GET OUT OF MY WAY!" He shouted before slamming the door in my face. I chuckled before joining Ron at the door and together, we walked downstairs to the common room. 

"I'm starving." Ron said as we hung around waiting for Hermione. "The food better be good." 

"The food is always good." I retorted. "You stuff yourself like a pig anyways, what's the difference?" 

Ron opened his mouth to retort but thankfully Hermione chose that time to show up. "Harry, you look awful." She said, eyeing me suspiciously. "Did you even sleep at all yesterday?" 

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair. "Yeah.... barely." "Then what kept you up?" Ron asked, studying my face. "Oh, maybe besides the fact that I had a dream about Kronos, Percy's first evil grandfather. No big deal." I rolled my eyes at Ron and Hermione's stunned expressions. 

"What did he talk about?" Hermione asked. I looked over at the portrait hole and saw many other Gryffindor's leaving the common room to go to breakfast. "We'll talk about this later, okay? I need food." 

"Boys." Hermione muttered behind me as Ron hurried to catch up with me. 

Once we exited the common room, we joined the other students walking into the Great Hall. We sat down at the Gryffindor table and I looked over at the Slytherin table to see just Annabeth sitting there. My eyes narrowed in suspicion. Percy would never leave his girlfriend alone. 

Just as I was about to get up and make my way over to the Slytherin table, Percy appeared in thin air right beside a guy with purple hair. Percy whirled and he grabbed the guy by the shirt and slammed him against the wall. 

Shouts and yells erupted from the tables and the professors were running towards Percy, yelling at him to let go of the Slytherin. 

I ran over just in time to hear what Percy said. "You lying piece of shit! You're working for the enemy all along, Nate!" 

Gasps came from many of the watching students and even the teachers looked astonished. "Perseus Riddle, that is a very big thing to blame someone with! Where is the evidence?" Professor McGonagall asked. 

"Yeah Percy, where's the evidence?" Nate mocked. Percy's eyes flashed furiously before he grabbed his pen from his pocket and flicked the lid off. The pen expanded into a glowing bronze sword that I was really familiar with. 

Screams now came from the students at the sight of Percy's sword. Professor McGonagall's eyes widened just as Percy pressed the blade against Nate's throat. 

"Perseus! Release Nate at once!" Professor McGonagall pulled out her wand but Annabeth interjected "Please Professor, wait a couple more moments. I swear what Nate confesses will surprise you." 

Professor McGonagall eyed the blondie for a moment before she lowered her wand. "Tell me where you've been sneaking off to at night." Percy growled at Nate, pressing the sword harder against his throat. "And I might not slit your throat." 

Nate looked absolutely terrified but he remained silent. Percy rolled his eyes and whispered "So you would want to die then instead of betraying Kronos? Well, you've made the shittest choice."

Percy was about to slice into Nate's throat when he shouted "Alright, alright, I'll tell you! Yes, I've been sneaking off to see Kronos almost every night. I'm his spy, this is how he gets information!" 

I was stunned and furious. So Nate was a traitor. But how did Percy know this? I continued to watch as a smug smile appeared on Percy's face and he lowered his sword. "That's the answer I wanted to hear." 

"TRAITOR!" Many of the students yelled. Pretty soon, everyone in the Great Hall was basically screaming bloody murder. 

Sounds amazing.

Percy turned to the teachers with his fist still buried in Nate's shirt. "So Headmistress, what do you want to do with him now after we all found out he was a traitor?" 

Professor McGonagall stared at Percy in complete shock. "H-How did you know he was a spy for Kronos the entire time, Riddle?" Percy smirked slightly as he tossed Nate at her feet. "Oh, that's an easy question. I had a dream and Nate was delivering information to Kronos." 

"You can see the future?" Professor Sprout asked in disbelief. Percy shook his head and laughed. "Of course not, even though that would've been pretty cool. I'm a demigod. Our dreams aren't sunshine and rainbows." 

Annabeth walked over to Percy and smiled at him, clasping his hand between hers. Nate tried to rise to his feet but Professor McGonagall shot him with a stunning spell. "Professor Sprout, would you please take the traitor to my office? I would like to have a few words with him." Minerva said. 

Professor Sprout nodded, grabbed Nate's unconscious body from the floor, and hurried off. 

Professor McGonagall  smiled thinly at Percy. "Thank you for helping us uncover the traitor, Percy. I'm sorry I didn't believe you at first." 

"That's really no problem, Professor." Percy said, pulling Annabeth closer to him. "We're always happy to help." Professor McGonagall nodded before turning back to the stunned students. "Everyone back to your seats and finish up your breakfast! Lessons start in ten minutes!" 

As I wandered back to my seat, I glanced over at the Slytherin table and saw Percy looking at me. He locked eyes with me before giving me a wink and turning back to speak to Draco. 

I smiled as I dug into my food. Percy really was full of surprises. 

Word count: 1180

this chapter is slightly shorter than the others. mainly because it's 12AM and i'm tired but i wanted to get a chapter in before tomorrow. 

whoop i have no school tomorrow... but on the other hand i have like 5 assignments due next week that i haven't started on