Royal AU Pt.4

Royal AU Pt.4

Your kingdom: Lunada
Niall's kingdom: Hopia

.
.
.

The night couldn't have gotten as downhill as the conversation with Niall did. You had made it seemed that feelings of being friends was mutual, when in reality, you were beginning to feel the opposite.

Throughout the start of the party when it started to become rowdier and the house had more people, you followed Niall everywhere. At first he had held your hand in order for you to not get trampled in the sea of people, but it didn't last long. Prince Niall left an aching feeling of warmth in your palm, his hands were soft and there were a few blisters and cuts from his guitar playing as he's mentioned before.

Right now, you were sitting in a lawn chair at the back of the house where the party was still going on hard just as if it was inside. There was so much people, dressed in nice clothes and jewelry, however it was either wrinkled or stained by now. 

Prince Niall had gone to meet up with some of his friends, telling you where he was going before leaving you to sit in the lawn chair, assuring you that he would be back soon.

Twenty minutes have passed and Niall was still gone, no sign of him anywhere.

You didn't have to worry about him, after all you both did confess the 'mutual' feeling of just being friends, although deep down you were beginning to regret not saying the truth. Feelings were growing and becoming more evident, you couldn't deny them, they were strong, but they had to be kept hidden for the sake of Prince Niall, although the feelings would help when you would get married and be together for most of the time.

After a little while of looking at the different people party hard, you grew bored, so you got up and went inside the house to look for Niall.

Much like outside, the party crowd was more alive and wild, making it difficult to get through where Niall had stated he would be just in case anythings happened. Eventually you made it out of the living room and into the room where you hoped to find Niall. It was a 'man cave', filled with the desires any man could want in a room to relax and enjoy, to your inconvenience, there were people there too, but from you standing point, you could see the dirty blonde quiffed hair.

Smiling, you began to make your way towards him, only to stop in your tracks to see him busy with a girl on his lap.

Your heart dropped, but it was difficult to think whether it was right to feel betrayed, sad, and heartbroken.

After All you were friends, and that's all you'll ever be.

Not wanting to make a scene or possible argument, you left and decided to walk back to the castle, besides this party scene wasn't much of your style.

The night was cold, and the walk was short. You made it to the castle, carefully going back to your room, and sleeping with the picture of Niall and that girl stuck in your head.

...

The next morning, you woke up to a headache and your mother walking in without knocking, announcing what was a day you didn't want to look forward to.

"Wake up, darling. You have a wedding rehearsal to attend. You have a fitting to get to." Your mother opened the curtains revealing the sunshine, hitting your eyes and having no choice, but to wake up.

"Mother, I really don't want to do this." You groggily said.

"The wedding is tomorrow, the kingdoms are in-"

"My hands. I get, but I don't want to rule Lunada with an egotistical prick. He is not someone I want to live forever with, he is not someone I love." You huffed.