Summer Series: Camp Waterfall Pt.9 (Finale)

.
.
.

It was officially the last day of camp, the last day of summer, and the last day you'd probably ever get to see these people. At the beginning, today would sound like a dream, but getting out there and becoming friends with all the campers has made you dread and not want to leave.

The memories of waking up every morning to the roommates that have become great additions to your life, the fun activities and conversations over dinner at the dining hall. You were going to miss it.

But most of all, you were going to miss Niall.

First day at camp he noticed you. Went out of his way to speak with you which ultimately lead him to falling deeply. However, it also ended in a turn of events that made most of the summer a drag at the back of your mind, but the thought of him still remained. And thanks to the girls, you managed to forget about him for a while, instead you would work as a team and gain more trust and love for each other.

To say the least, you'd be thanking your mom when you'd arrive home.

...

6AM

"Campers! I'm sad to say this is the last day of camp, but let's make it a great one! I'll see you kids at the dining hall for breakfast at six-thirty!"

With a groggy smile, I woke up, rubbing my eyes with the palms of my hands and stood to my feet. I slid my feet in my sandals and stretched, groaning and yawning. At the same time, I heard the other girls get up, hearing the squeaking from the bunk beds and the patter of feet on the hardwood floors. Slowly, I went to the bathroom to wash up, brushing my teeth and fixing my mess of a hair. I exited the bathroom and saw all the girls fully awake now.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Morning, (Y/N)." Josie sighed.

"Last day of camp, huh?" I mentioned.

"Yeah. I kind of don't want it to be, though." She smiled.

"Neither do I." I agreed, nodding my head. I moved my eyes over to Emerson, who was patting down hair.

"Sleep well, Em?"

"Yeah, but I felt nervous about today." She shyly smiled.

"How so? It's just another day at camp."

It truly wasn't. It was the last day of camp. You would never see the girls again after today. Especially being older than them and living somewhere else, it would be almost impossible to ever meet up or contact one another.

"Because, it's the last day. I remember hating camp, but this year was different. I liked it a lot, thanks to you."

"Aw, Em." I moved over to hug her. "You guys were the highlight of my summer."

The other girls walked up to the both of you and ended up with a group hug.

"I'm really happy that I got to be your counselor. You guys have opened my eyes to new things and have made this summer the top of all the others. I'm thankful for each of you, girls. I'll try my best to stay in contact with all of you. For when you need high school advice, I can show you the ropes. Anything you guys need, I'll go out of my way to be there. You mean a lot to me, we're practically sisters now." You laughed.

"If it wasn't for you guys, I don't know what I would've done this summer. Probably mop around over Niall, but that's not the point right now. What I'm trying to say is, that you bunch are strong, beautiful girls that have so much ahead of you. You have a path, I won't say it's going to be easy because trust me being a high school teenager has its downfalls. But you're all capable of doing great things."