.Rise and Fall. (4)

|Chapter: 4|

Monday mornings maybe be nightmare to others but to me it brought a happy smile to my face. I have always liked going to school, and the best part of the day is when I spent time in the library, within the smell of thousands books around me which I'd like tocall as my little escape from the reality. 

Yeah, I'm weird but for someone like me who have nothing except an empty house all by herself is oath to be happy. Even if I dislike half of the faces here.

I pushed through the crowded hallway to get to my locker. A smile immediately take over my face as I saw the person leaning on my locker with his arms across his chest. I walked to him as he gave me his breathtaking half smile, which could melt girls' heart easily.

"Waiting for me stranger?", I asked as I opened my locker and started digging my books for the first class that I have with him. Before he could even reply, Sarah came out of nowhere and pushed him away. Here we go.

"Stop hitting my best friend. You're gross."

I closed my locker and turned to look that them. The twin fight. Salvor just rolled his eyes at her before saying, "What is your problem?"

"She's my best friend and when she have a boyfriend, I want her to tell me all the details", she said with a naughty smirk on her face. Urghh!! I knew that look. Then she point her index finger to her twin, "But who wants to hear about you? Not me of course."

Salvor replied with another eye roll, while Sarah smiled back at him sweetly. She was just trying to get on his nerves because I know how much she actually wants to see us together. Literally.

But I was the one who kept pushing away. Not doubt I like him but I still wasn't sure about my feelings. There's a vast difference between like and love. These two things never cross each others path. Either you like someone or you love someone. But you never love the person you like. I didn't want to give him hopes, hopes that might break one day if I'm not able to return his feelings.

As the first bell rang, Sarah headed to her class since we didn't have the first class together. Salvor and I started towards our class as he kept his arm draped on my shoulders like always as we walk.

Everything seemed just like any other day at highschool until I met Nickel's cold stare, his dark orbs reminded me of  that day how devasted and torn he looked.

My steps slowed down as I keep staring at him, as if he had me hypnotised with some kind of invisible spell. Then his eyes travel to Salvor's hand which rested on my shoulder, breaking the magic between us. I gulped as his eyes went darker and he looked like the dark stormy weather that could lash out peoples life suddenly.

And in the next moment, he pulled the brunette standing near him and pushed her against his locker kissing her. He grabbed her butt under her mini skirt as he pressed his body against her. The girl kissed him back with equal passion and I felt an unknown emotion stir in my stomach that I almost felt like throwing up. Why did I feel that way?

"Are you alright?", Salvor asked, that's when I realised I've stopped walking. I looked away from the openly making out scene and turned to look at Salvor. He was staring at me, worried and confused. I forced a smile and nodded. But why did I have to force a smile?

"Is something bothering you, Ser?"

"No. I'm stressed about my mid terms", I lied.

He smiled sweetly, "Don't worry, we've already finished more than half of the syllabus together and we can revise it again. Plus, I'll get you your favourite M&M's", he wiggled his eyebrows.

I pinched his cheeks grinning, "I love you, Sal."

"You mean it?", he asked rubbing his cheeks.

"Of course. We are bestfriends."

"Yeah", he dragged on lazily as we continue to walk to our class. He tucked me under his arm again and rest his head on mine. I tried to ignore Nickel's presence when we passed his locker, but I only tried. No matter what, my eyes always find its way to his.

.

"So when are you starting?", Sarah asked as we walk to my car, in the parking lot.

Last Friday I went to a diner to ask for a part time job. Instead of always staying in the empty house and sulking myself during the weekend, I thought that'd be the best thing to do.

Not only I'll be occupied but also I'll get some extra pocket money to save. Its only for four hours which starts at 5 in the evening, that way it won't affect my studies too. I need to keep good grades and attendance to get in Yale. So, I had to plan everything before I decided to start working.

"Friday. I don't know how my mom will react after she come to know about this", I said with a sigh. I didn't tell her yet. I wanted to but then I thought its always better in person because she never wanted me to work but study so that I could achieve my dreams.

She said money is not the problem. But I always knew money is the real problem and the reason why we moved to this place. I was expecting her to return till Thursday since she said she'll be going for a week before she left. So I have no other option but to wait for her to return and we could talk these things out.

"Don't worry. I know she'll understand dummy", she gave me her reassuring smile. 

"Yeah. See you tomorrow", I said, waving at her.

Salvor pulled over his car near us. "Let's go tonight, okay?" I nodded.

"Wait! Where are you guys going without me?", Sarah inquired looking at us back and forth, suspiciously.

"He is only helping me with the groceries", I said, sighing. I know how much she hates going grocery shopping, so I didn't ask her.

"Are you sure it's not a date?"

"If that's what...", Sal started.

"No", I immediately opposed. "Just shopping."

"Whatever, you both dummies", Sarah rolled her eyes and got in the car with Sal. Sarah stuck her tongue out at me childishly as they drive away and I stiffled a laugh.

I started my engine and slowly picked up the speed, that's when suddenly someone  came in front of my car, I stepped on my breaks as soon as possible which send my body forward and I hit my head hard on the steering wheel. Ouch.

"Holy shit! What the heck?", I muttered under my breathe and lift my head to look. I was surprised will be an understatement of the year. The bad boy stood there with his expressionless face, backpack hanging on his one arm and hands tucked in his black skinny jeans.

I didn't want to think of the scene if I really would've hit him, because it made me worried in some sickening way. But, what's with the bad boy throwing himself infront of my car?

*******
Vote.Comment.Share