.Rise and Fall. (52)

|Chapter: 52|

"I..I l-love him mom."

"Serena, are you even listening to yourself? That boy screams trouble", she shouted making me back away from her with fear. She took deep breathe to calm herself down before she continued. "Listen to me, I don't want to get mad at you. I'm here just to tell you a very important news. So please don't make this hard for me and do me a favour, stay away from him."

I eventually knew this would happen when I tell her the truth but still I did. Because I cannot hide something from her forever. But that wasn't what I was concerned about right now. Did she just say, she is here just to tell me a news? Not because she misses me. How important it could be even more than her daughter?

"What news?"

She sipped her drink and placed the empty glass on the counter.

"We are moving out."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean we are moving out?"

"My boss wants me to move in with him in New York, the headquaters. He is even ready to look after your expenses", she said avoiding my eyes.

"And why would he do that?"

"Because we are getting married and he will eventually become your father", she said lowering her tone. While my world fell apart hearing that. How could she do that to dad? Father? I don't even know that man. I felt the warm tears making their way out of my eyes.

"No.. no no you are lying. You love dad..."

"I did at some point of my life. But now I'm tired of this life. I need someone to support me through all the burdens", she sighed.

"So now I'm a burden to you. For how long you're having an affair with your boss?" Although the answer would break my heart but I had to know.

"For almost a year now and it's not an..."

"You're telling me now?! Is that where you've been for weeks with him that you like to call as your so called meetings?" I couldn't believe the woman my dad fell in love with, is the same woman standing infront of me. She had a hard emotionless mask on her face, like I wasn't even crying my eyes out. My heart was racing and my knees weak like I'll crumble down on the ground anytime but she didn’t care.

"I didn't tell you before because I didn't want to break the little fantasy story you were living in, the world your dad created in that diary of his. Your dad left us years ago. Its finally time to move on with our life and see things practically", she shrugged.

"You make it sound like he left us purposely. For God's sake mom, he had cancer", I tried with a calm tone but my voice cracked at each word like it even hurt to say. My heart constricted with pain but she won't understand.

She poured herself another glass of whatever she was drinking. "Well that was his fate." She took a sip. "You remind of him, the way you do everything. You're full of goodness just like him and when you good people leave, leave us miserably." Another sip. "I'll let you finish your high school here if only you promise me to stay away from that boy. If not we are moving out in next two weeks", she finished.

I couldn't take it anymore. Her cold face and blank eyes were not of the same person I called mom for years. I just wanted a warm hug from her. But she was far from that woman who murmured sweet nothings to me caressing my hair.

I ran upstairs, in my room and locked the door before my weak knees gave up and I slide down. For a year? I kept sulking in the world of loneliness while she was having fun with her boss. Maybe she do really love that guy. But she thought me as a burden is what hurt the most and was the final blow.