.Rise and Fall. (19)

|Chapter: 19|

The consequences of falling for the bad boy were always scary. Like a nightmare. I could get my heart broken in a day because what if he won't feel the same way. I'm not his type. It was no different from fighting in a wrong battlefield. I have to stop these feelings before it crawls inside my every part and drowns me in it. I don't like 'him' the way I like Salvor.

Liking Salvor is like warm, fuzzy and bright while liking Nickel is like fear, hurt and dark. Totally opposite. Yet I feel something strange and good about the feelings I have for him. The feeling of his warm breathes and touches sending tingles inside my body, my heart skipping many beats at once. I feel safe and peaceful in his arms, even when he would be the one to bring the darkest storms in my life.

'Nothing gives you peace the way darkness gives.' Dad's words came rushing to my mind, but still it made no sense to me.

I sighed gripping the steering wheel. The trees and houses passed by as I drive my way to my house. My racing mind and car came to a halt when I saw his badass motorcycle parked near the....near the....the Lockswood Graveyard. What?

I turned off the engine before climbing out of my car. The cold wind blew the hair off my face. I looked up at the dark sky then back at his motorcycle. He wasn't near it which could mean only one thing. He was in the graveyard. Who could he be possibly visiting?

No longer able to control my curious mind, I took slow steps towards the gate. Once I was inside I looked around. Finding no one, I walked forward taking careful steps not wanting to disturb the person who laid peacefully underneath it. Still not finding a single human above the ground and getting scared with the minutes that passed, I turned to leave.

Thats when I heard the sound of crackling dry leaves and twigs cutting the silence followed by a voice. His deep voice.

"....for everything I did. Y-You were always b-better. Better than me. But I wanted e-everything you had. So I-I d-did this to you", his voice came out muffled. He was crying? I hid behind the tree to get a better view.

He sat on his knees with his hands on the cemented grave. His shoulders slumped and they were shaking. My heart clenched looking at his defeated back. It took everything in me not to run to him and hold him tight.

He took deep breathe before saying, "I pushed you for something you d-didn't deserve. I c-caused you this Jay. The prize you paid for always being the good one." He took another deep breathe.

"I hated you so much that I k-ki...", he trailed off.

The cloud strike against each other causing the lightning which made me jump back out of fear. 

He turned around looking for the source of the noise. And then he saw me. I gasped. I couldn't think straight and I brought my hands to my mouth to cover. I didn't realise my eyes getting teary with his confession until then. 

A tear rolled down my face as I stood straight looking at his dark orbs which looked lifeless for a moment, until he acknowledged my presence. I took steps backward still facing him. His eyes widened with surprise when it met my teary one. He stood up hastily before running towards me while I took small steps back.

Before I could stop him he pulled me into him caging my body in his.

"I'm I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hear you, or interrupt you.. please I..", I started to apologise.

"Damn Rena, what the hell are you doing here?", he muttered in my neck, his voice hoarse.

Nothing came out of my mouth. I have never seen him look so hurt and broken before. I felt his wet and hot cheeks on my shoulder as he placed his face in the crook of my neck.

Instead of pushing him away I brought my hands around his back holding him tightly. I was so done and tired of pushing him away when I always wanted the opposite. He relaxed once he realised I was holding him back.

He held me tighter, "Believe me Rena. I never wanted what happened. It was a mistake."

I don't know if his words felt so true or the reason he was calling me Rena, I wanted to believe without even knowing what he was talking about. But I just did. I rested my head on his shoulder shedding some tears myself. We stood there for, while the dark clouds kept grumbling over us.

He pulled away before his forehead touched mine. I stare into his dark orbs. The coldness in them was gone and it wasn't hard to read them. He looked lost. They were soft showing me the delicate part of him. The part he hides from the world. The part he successfully hid from me all these years.

His hands still rested on my waist firmly while I brought mine to his face. I slowly rubbed his cheeks with my thumbs, all the way staring in his dark mesmerising orbs.

"Do you believe me?", he asked, flickering his eyes between my eyes and lips.

"I don't know", I said truly.

Before I could pull my hands away from his face, he crashed his lips on mine.

His lips were so soft against my lips that I gave into it. I kissed him back closing my eyes. I felt no butterflies in my stomach like I thought, like I heard. Instead there were fire explosions going in it. His one hand went behind my neck pulling me closer while I ran my hands through his velvet like soft hair. I grabbed them into my little fist when his kiss became a little rough and we fought for dominance, he won at last.

He was playing with my tongue, going deeper. At the moment, I was ready to throw out all the consequences of falling for the bad boy and kissed him back with every breath I had. His passionate kisses made me desperate and I wanted more of it. I snapped my eyes open only to stare at his black beautiful orbs gazing at me. He licked my lips before he pulled away breathing heavily.

I had the urge to kiss him again when the first water droplet fell on his bottom lip, then on his perfect nose before it started to pour. I was lost in his eyes, my senses long gone. For the first time the rain didn't bother me, because he was beautiful even with his unruly wet hair covering his face and water dripping from them. I wanted to push them back, but I resisted so not to destroy the art I was looking at. I wouldn't change a small detail sculpted on his face, or even all the scars he had.

And I didn't seem to regret giving him my first kiss.

*******
Vote.Comment.Share