.Rise and Fall. (28)

|Chapter: 28|

"Wait! Please listen to me", I panted as I tried to catch up with Salvor's long strides.

He halted on the way and turned to look at me with an incredulous look, "What do you want me to listen? That's you are finally dating that douche?"

"I'm not. I mean we are not", I replied instantly. How could that be possible?

"Then how come you miss your first class? And you arrive school riding on his bike", he scoffed. "What happened to the girl who hated the bad boy with passion? Are you even the same Serena I became friends with?"

The hurt look that flashed through his eyes when he said the last part like playing back the memories in his mind was enough to cut me into slices. I wanted to tell him that its not what it looks like. But then what does it really looks like. He was stating the truth, the truth that can't be changed. I was losing him, the guy who was with me no matter what, always keeping me and Sarah as his first priority. I don't deserve him and I hate myself for getting into this situation.

"I-I- I please I...", I tried and prayed for anything to come out of my mouth to make things better. But he raised his palm to stop me.

"You're not even denying the fact that you're changing", then he laughed dryly. "I always adored you Ser and I was waiting for the right time for us to happen. But you broke every strings between us, when you choosed him over me, over our seven years of friendship."

"Sal its not what you... Its Mr. Kennedy.. And the tutoring...", I trailed off. I couldn't bring myself to say anything because the truth was I could've chosen Salvor without any hesitation. It had nothing to do with Mr. Kennedy or tutoring Nickel.

He just stared at me confused, knitting his eyebrows.

"I know I'm making no sense. I just want to apologise...", I started again after a long sigh.

"Does that mean you'll no longer be or even talk with him?", he cut me off and his eyes hold up with little hope.

I'm taking you home. Wait for me after school.

Sal's question kept lingering in the air, swinging between when it took me forever to answer. I saw his eyes losing hope.

He shook his head and then smiled at me which didn't reach his eyes, it seemed far off. "You know what you're getting yourself into, right?" I know very well. But I didn't say it out loud.

"He is everything you're not. He is bound to break you one day and I cannot wait for that day." His words were like knife stabbing my heart. I winched my face with my eyes getting teary, pricking in the back to flow out. I took a deep breathe closing my eyes and blinking back the tears before turning to walk away.

I heard him mutter 'shit' under his breathe but either way he didn't stop me. I just wanted to apologise because I knew I had my own share of mistakes. But he didn't have the right to throw his assumes on me, that I'm dating the bad boy and tell me who to be friend with or not and his words were so harsh.

The rest of the day went as slow as possible. All the class that Salvor and I had together, he'd sit far away from me and ignore me, I did the same. The person responsible for the bad terms with my best friend, was nowhere to be seen after he left me in the parking lot before.

I found myself admiring his grey dull locker every time I passed it, to see if the owner was leaning on it. I found myself checking the time, for the class to get over so I could walk out and maybe run into him. I found myself searching for his familiar face in the soccer ground.