.Rise and Fall. (29)

|Chapter: 29|

"The answer is still no", I deadpanned, playing with the half eaten sandwich on my tray.

Sarah and I are in the cafteria for lunch and she's being persistent about going to a party tonight for almost a half hour. Never have I ever went to one and not planning on go to any in future. I was not looking forward to humiliate myself infront of so many kids from highschool, the thought itself brought an nauseating feeling.

"For God's sake this is our last year. Loosen up and have fun', she paused, thinking for a while, "Nickel's gonna be there too", she added, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What does Nick has to do with all these?", I took a bit of the sandwich.

"Since you two are inseparable, I thought you'd interested if he comes", she reasoned out. "Plus, you get to know his world better."

Inseparable? No doubt, last week has been fun with him. Surprisingly, he has been walking me to my classes everyday and even waited for me outside the door, when I finished. I didn't have to drive myself to school, his badass bike was no more that scary to ride on and I actually enjoyed, at the same time the coldness would wreck up my nerves. He still sneaks in to my house at night, we would watch some documentaries, or thrilling movies, which I discovered are his favourite genres. It matched his dark features though, while I only spent the time noting them down. 

"I-I'll think about it", I said unsurely. For some reasons I wanted to go, maybe the last line had me. You get to know his world better. And his world included wild parties, too.

"C'mon be sure", she shoved my shoulder playfully.

"FINE", I said, grumpily.

This girl can never take no for an answer. I rolled my eyes when she beamed her pearly white teeth triumphantly at me. Childish.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Salvor sitting on the table next to us. We didn't have lunch together but I guessed he was cutting his class. Hesitantly, I looked his way and for a moment our eyes met but he was the one to look away first.

The guilt in me was back again, rising up to my throat this time. Its been a whole week, we didn't talk. I never thought in the past that there would be one day we will actually stop talking and if someone told me that, I'd have spitted my orange juice on the face of the person who did.

"Is that...", Sarah pointed her index at her twin. "Hey you dumbass c'mere", she called. And I mentally face palmed.

I looked down, hiding my face to escape the awkward moment as I played with the end of my white cardigan.

I was stunned when he actually came and pulled the chair opposite to me before sitting down. Another awkward silence filled the space until..

"RENAAAA."

I jumped off my chair shocked holding my chest muttering, "Oh good lord".

The owner of the voice was laughing his ass off as he made his way towards me. He pushed his hair back that fell on his face, and he smirked at me and I almost couldn't feel me knees.

I heard chuckles around me. And then I remembered I'm still in the cafteria filled with students. Some of them looked amused with the way the bad boy acted few moments ago which was very unsual, while some were just busy scowling at me. Nickel Black was anything, but fun.

"You scared me idiot", I frowned, as I tried to look angry.

"Well it was totally worth it for the face you made", he said grinning. And I could feel my anger fading away while noting his beautiful features again. Why do I become so lame infront of him?