.Rise and Fall. (75)

|Chapter: 75|

"I'm surprised he still hasn't knocked down the door and barge inside looking for you", Ethan said followed by a laugh. I changed the dead flowers with the fresh one that I brought on my way to here. Not even the slightest part of me wanted to throw away the dead one and hesitantly, I put it on the side table.

"What are you talking about?", I asked looking at him. He kept the bowl of soup on the table.

"Your boyfriend Nickel. Didn't you tell him you are here? And I'm wondering if he allowed you to come? Isn't he like afraid that someone will steal your away from him? He is..."

"...He is not my boyfriend", I cut him off shortly. His eyes widened for a second before a huge smile took over his face.

"Nice one pumpkin", he applauded and brushed the matter off with his hand. I took the stool with the same serious face because I found nothing funny.

"Are you serious? But what happened?", he asked once he saw no sign of joke.

I brought my eyes down on my lap that has started its waterwork. "We.. we broke up", I said with the tiniest voice I managed without a crack. I turned my face to the look outside the window. The Lockswood sky was darker shade of grey and small twinkly dots has slowly made its appearance.

Nick left, left for good. The new George Family that shifted in the neighbourhood were kind people, they even brought cookies to our house and invited us to have dinner with them. The house next to us was no more dark. Didn’t I wish for the day when I don't have to wake up and look at his dark house? Didn’t I wish for the day when I look out of my window and he is not sitting on his porch with a bottle of alcohol or mounted on his deadass bike, getting ready for some deadly race that used to scare me? Then, why do I feel something is not right in this place, its incomplete like he took a part of me with him now that...

..he was gone.

I didn't notice the salty tear slide down my cheek until Ethan reached out for it and rubbed it off. "I'm sorry, I didn't know.."

Ignoring the pain that I felt squeezing my heart from all the direction I managed to pass a tight lipped smile. As much as I hate to admit, I miss him. I'm craving for his presence like you crave for water when you're walking through the driest desert.

Why does he make me this miserable that I cannot go a second without thinking about him?

"Pumpkin?"

I turn to see the emerald green eyes staring at me. "You now what they say about love, you fall, break and learn."

"Learn what?", I asked.

"Learn to love again."

"Isn't that dumb?"

"Well, love is dumb."

For a moment I try to comprehend what he was trying to say, and it was true. Because I knew already from the start 'd break but still that didn't stop me from falling, it wasn't my choice but I just did. Love is dumb and the lover is dumber.

"How do you know so much about love?", I asked tilting my head.

A almost invisible smile came on his face, if I wasn't studying his face I'd have missed. "Felt it but never had the chance to show it. A part of me knows I can never have it, a part me thinks maybe I can and falls for it. Isn't that dumb? But lemme tell you, this maybe hurts."

"It hurts", I repeated. Because thats the only emotion I can feel right now.

He shifted to the very edge of his bed and pulled the drawer open. Then, he took out a black marker pen out of it. "Give me your hand. The left one."