.Rise and Fall. (69)

I'm not try'na start a fire, with this flame
But I'm worried that your heart might feel the same
And I have to be honest with you baby
Tell me If I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose
And I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?

~Shawn Mendes.
....

|Chapter: 69|

"Remind me again, why are we doing this?", I asked irritatedly.

He lowly chuckled. "Don't you trust me Rena?", he fake pouted. I could've kissed that face for hours, that's how adorable he looked through the faint street light. I turned fully to face him with my hands on my hips trying to look intimidating.

"I do. But I'm not doing this", I said pointing to the only flower shop open at this late hours.

"I want to get you flowers. I know how much you love them", he said standing straight now. We were standing in a corner of a street, hiding in the dark. Why hiding? Oh well, we went to buy some flowers after he insisted he wants to and we didn't see the worst thing coming. He forgot his dang wallet in the truck!

"We can go, bring your wallet and buy. We don't have to steal it", I angrily said folding my arms. Yes right, he wants me to distract the grumpy shopkeeper lady while he sneaks and get it. That's illegal!

"Now where is the fun in that..", he smirked. "I'm a very lazy person Rena, I'd rather steal it than go, again come back and deal with the lady who looks like someone murdered her cat. That's a long and stressful way."

"And you think stealing is a less stressful way? We also may end up dealing with police if we get caught. Don't you think she is far better than that?" I ran my hands through my hair.

He smiled innocently at me in return, the kind which can even convince me to perform any crime. He was my weakness. "Alright. What's the plan?" I cannot believe I actually said that. What is wrong with me?

His face glowed up with a mischievous grin before he narrated his plan. It sounded as stupid as him and I immediately regretted for agreeing to go along with. People will think we are so screwed up if they find out. So I did the next best thing came to my mind, I hugged the nearest pole closed to my chest like my life depended on it.

"No, no don't", I whined when he grabbed my leg and started pulling. "Let go Nickkk..."

"No never!" With that he yanked me and we both landed flat on the ground with his arms wrapped around me. He was laughing while I was trying to stand up on my feet even though a part of me was enjoying it. I hit him on his chest. "Let me go."

"Only if you promise to do what I say. Will you?" He wiggled his eyebrows and I suppressed a giggle.

"I hate you so much right now", I said as I lay on the side of the empty road, according to the plan. He was trying his best not to burst out laughing.

"You'll love me again when I get you a flower", he replied.

I rolled my eyes at him before closing them and got ready for the act.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! MY GIRLFRIEND FAINTED... PLEASE HELP", he cried out in his fake half concerned and half scared voice. "HELP! SHE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE... I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS UNCONSCIOUS LOOKING ANGEL..." Seriously, I thought. He is such a drama.