.Rise and Fall. (20)

|Chapter: 20|

It was just a kiss.

No commitment, no promises nothing. Just a kiss. The same kiss he shared with half of school's girls population in Highschool. And now I'm shamefully a member of it. But to me, it meant everything. My first kiss. How am I suppose to forget that? The way his soft full pink lips felt on mine. The way our lips sync together. At least it felt real till it lasted. Urrghh! I brought my pillow to cover my face in frustration. I need to stop thinking about him and his lips. I sat up before taking out my father's diary.

I flipped through the pages taking out the 5th entry.

Date: 19 march, 2010.

Day 5.

I can't stop laughing imagining your angry tomato like red face, well that's how your mom described it. She told me how mad you were with her for forcing you to go your extra ballet class during the visiting hours. Today, I missed the way you come and sit on the windowsill humming your favourite verses of the song you practised the previous day.

'You're the sun in the day and moon in the night. You shine no matter what.' I know it sounds kind of what you young people say, 'cheesy'. But you're mom fell in love with me all over again when I said it. How do I know? Because she had that same smile just like the one she had when I said it for the first time. You know the one where her blue eyes sparkles up (when she'd run behind us in the kitchen because of some mischief we did together). And you're blessed to have her eyes. Something I always appreciated in the two most beautiful women I love.

They say, 'you could always read the eyes of you're loved ones'. As much as I didn't wanted to believe it, I did. Because you're mom's eyes revealed everything she tried to cover. At times it was hard like you know she can hide things very well. But then even metals loses its sharpness with the time. The day I found words beyond the ocean she ever spoke in her eyes, I knew she is the one for me. Finally, she trusted me with everything she had and showed her insecurities to me.

I love you baby girl more than I love your mom (you've no idea what amount that could be then, even I don't).

#Tip of the day: Always remember time makes everything better. The longer you wait, the better results you get.

With love,
Your Dad.

"You're reading it again?", my mom asked as she entered my room with folded clothes on her hands. I closed the diary nodding my head as she walked in my closet to keep the clothes.

"Dad really loved you, right?", I asked the moment she came out.

She looked surprised at first before her eyes landed on the diary on my lap. She shook her head smiling, "What do you think?"

"I think he did. But what exactly is 'love' mom?"

She walked to the side of my bed where I sat before taking my hands in her. She passed me a smile that didn't reach her eyes, "Something you can never describe, but feel. Good night, Sweety."

She kissed my forehead and walked out of my room and I knew why she did that. She couldn't hold back her tears. I saw it coming, I always did. I could read her too just like dad. Well, that's what I thought.

Losing a dear ones is never easy. One moment they make you the happiest person and the next moment they are gone. All they've left behind are memories.

It must've been be hard for him too. Losing his brother at such a young age. Nickel told me it was his brother, Jade Black's grave stone. He died in an accident, seven months before I shifted here in Lockswood. The reason why I never knew he had a sibling. Somehow, I felt as if I was close with him otherwise why'd he open up and that made me feel happy.