.Rise and Fall. (66)

I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight.

~Alex & Sierra.
.....

|Chapter: 66|

"Gosh Dummy take a break. I don't want your brain to explode and spill all the formulas on us", Sarah desperately begged getting on her knees. I took my glasses off and sighed at her drama. I was all hyped up since the calculus team of our school is having a competition with another school in next two days, plus I am the captain and I don't want to let my team down at any cost.

"What do you need?", I asked, sighing again.

She grinned like a litte kid in a candy store. "Details. Tell us how was your date with Ethan?"

"For the sake of hundred and forty-three time, it wasn't a date." I grabbed my hair in frustration.

"He brought you a cute pumpkin key chain, he calls you pumpkin, most importantly he makes you smile.. and that all counts", Mary added fuel to the fire Sarah started. They were again playing two against one. I need Kevin now because only he was against the idea of me going out with Ethan but the reason was total bullcrap, Nick won't be happy. Why does he care?

"We are just friends. We met in third grade and in fourth grade he left the town then we never met again until now.. so we are just trying to catch up, nothing more." I shrugged my shoulders. I never knew the reason why he left the town though but I kind of guessed he was living with his mom while Mr. Morish was still in town and very soon after that he got married with Ms. Mullins, our math teacher at that time.

"But why is he here and not with his father in Hemberly?", Sarah asked, suddenly going from her playful mode to serious one.

"I-I don't really know.. maybe he is staying with his mother here", I said, unsurely.

"And this is what you calling catching up. Tell me seriously what were you actually doing in your date?" Again Mary butted her butt in.

"For the hundred and forty-four time, it wasn't a date. We were just having fun with the kids, that's it."

"Are you really counting that dummy?", Sarah asked.

"Yes and I'm not stopping until you guys are."

"That's so annoying." They both said in unison.

"As if you both are not", I retorted back before putting my glasses on. I shouldn't have agreed to this girl time which was more like lets-ship-serena-with-ethan-time. Where as the boys were having a fortnite time probably in Zac's apartment, which also means Nick's there too. I swear, I feel my heart shink everytime I think about him and I wish there was some way to make this feeling go away.

"That jerk is not with Stella. He don't even look at her while she try everything just to grab his attention. Its hard sitting on the table with the witchy bitch and the number of times I roll my eyes at her can be scary", Sarah complaint grabbing some cheetos and then popped it in her mouth. How much did I miss of this conversation?

"Then why don't you just sit with Ser?", Mary asked, frowning.

"Serena, the saint lectures me how I should spent time with Zac more and pushes me away all the time." Sarah narrowed her eyes on me.

"Hey not my fault, it was actually scary when Zac was giving me his deathly glares for what I did to his best friend and then I thought he'd hate me more if I take you away from him", I defended myself. I wasn't lying, he really can be scary when he want to be.