.Rise and Fall. (46)

|Chapter: 46|

"Hey, can you get me a glass of juice?", Sasha asked, her eyes never leaving her phone.

"Sure", I said pouring it in a glass.

"Hey Serena", Ian called out.

"Yeah?", I said from the kitchen.

"We are short on one player. Can you convince Black to play?"

Before I could answer, my eyes landed on Nick with Stella in his arms. He craddled her with care as he walk towards a room without sparing the boys a glance. Thats where he has been? With her?

The flashing sound of a camera, peeled my eyes off them. I turn to see on my side, Sasha grinning with her phone that she just used to click a picture of them.

"Perfect! I always knew they are so much more than childhood friends. I'll make sure to put this photo in the yearbook", she excitedly announced.

I was a burning mess. Never have I ever thought this kind of feelings even  existed in me until now. Ignoring her cheeky grin, I quickly rush out and directed to the room we were together.

I folded my arms and sat down on the bed thinking what could they possibly  be doing alone in that room now.

Shaking my head several times I stood up and walked to the small bookshelf. I was surprised to see it this morning, and how I didn't notice last night. I picked out, "A walk to Remember", by Nicholas Sparks. I miss watching the movie with Sarah.

I took my shoes off before I climbed on the bed, rest my back on the hardboard and started reading the book.

Not after too long, the door was harshly opened. I didn't look, already knowing who it could be and pretended reading the book.

Out of nowhere he came and hugged me from the side. I was too shocked to react so I just stayed like that for a while. Until it hit me.

"Are you okay?", I asked as softly as I could. He didn't say a word. And I was worried. Did something happen to him? "Is there something you want to tell me?", I tired again.

"You tell me", he said still hugging me.

"What?" I didn't know what he was getting to.

"The story you are reading."

Then suddenly I remembered I'm still mad at him. Slowly I pushed him away. And he made that annoyed face which was enough to melt my anger away, its too cute for his own good. I brought my eyes back to the book.

"Even the book is luckier than me", he groaned and get off the bed. He walked towards the self before running his hand through the books. "I had no idea what kind you prefer reading. So I took mom's help in finding a list of good books to put here. Hope you like them", he sighed.

That's it. I just cannot stay mad at this guy.

Quickly climbing out of the bed, I ran to him and wrap my hands around his waist from behind. I took him by surprise at first but then he held my hands.

"Will you do something if I ask you to?", I asked, my voice muffled.

"Anything except leaving you." His voice was promising.

"Play soccer with the boys, they are short on one player."

The knock on the door made me pull away from him. He turn around and kissed my forehead before walking to get the door.

"Six on six. You coming?", was the first thing Zac asked as soon as Nick opened the door. He looked over his shoulder at me. I smiled.

"Be there in a minute", he said and closed it.