.Rise and Fall. (73)

|Chapter: 73|

|Chapter: 73|

"SARAH DAMNIT STOP!"

I snapped my head so fast to the sound of Zac shouting in the hallway causing a minor whiplash to my neck. What's going on? Then I saw Sarah stubbornly trying to pry her hands out of Zac's hold. I tried to ignore it thinking it's one of the many play fights they always have and no big deal, because minutes later they'll be eating each other's face and everything will go back to being normal. Only if I knew this time it was not about the cookies she steal and eat from Zac, or she found some cheer girl flirting with him, but me.

"You obnoxious PMsing bitch.. how dare you treat my bestfriend like that. You have no right to touch me after that", she shouted back at him, snatching her hand out of his grip.

Right there I wanted to bang my head continuously on the locker, so that I black out and wake up to find everything was a nightmare. But I knew it was next to impossible. I just decided to watch the scene from afar. I didn't have the guts to go infront of Zac.

"So you're breaking up with me for her?", Zac asked looking incredulous at her like he couldn't believe her. Sarah stayed silent after that and I was praying for her to not to do that. I knew how much she loves him and how happy he makes her, only because of me I didn't want their perfect relationship to burst.

I noticed the crowd that started to form around to enjoy the highschool drama and find something new to gossip, some even took out their phones to record it. Zac and Sarah were too busy staring each other down and totally ignored the attention they were attracting. That scene reminded me, their very first encounter in the library that day.

At last Zac scoffed loudly. "That bitch is the root of every fucking problem", he growled out and I held the locker tightly for support. His words were like stone thrown on my walls because I knew who he was referring to.

Sarah fisted her hands on her sides digging her palms, as her ears turn red, from where I can see. "What did you just say?", she asked gritting her teeth. I wanted to jump between them and stop the brewing storm. But what amused me the most even in that thick atmosphere was Zac's face, all the color seemed to drain out of it and he looked pale. For the first time Zac freaking Jones looked scared, scared of the only girl he loves.

"Listen here and listen good. It's you and your manwhore of a bestfriend who is the fucking root of every problem so don't try to blame it one her. I'd have done the same thing if I was in her place. Who's gonna tolerate his lying and cheating ass all the damn time. I was wrong for thinking he is the right guy for her, but today if she is breaking it's all my fault because I was one to push her in that relationship.. she deserves so much fucking better. And when you insult her, you insult me. Goodbye, adios dickhead", she ranted out and then turned around to leave an open mouthed Zac. Sarah was strong, I had to give that to her. Not a single tear slipped off her eyes but if it was me, I'd have been a crying mess by now.