.Rise and Fall. (48)

|Chapter: 48|

"Cookies for dummies."

Sarah handed us one cookie each. I shifted a little when Nick pulled my back closer to his chest before wrapping the blanket around us, with his legs on my sides. He was circling the fabric over my stomach, and I held the stick tightly to the bonfire heating the marshmallow, to ignore the tingles flowing down my body.

"He is so into you. You should've seen the way he carried...", Sasha stopped her ranting when her eyes abruptly fell on us. Stella stood dead on her track while Kathleen bumped into her back and looked up from her phone. Stella quickly changed her horror look into a sly smile when she saw me looking at them.

"Hey Nicky. Looks like you're getting all cozy up here." She folded her arms smirking. He rolled his eyes and rested his face on my shoulder. "How's your head?", he asked.

"A bit dizzy when I woke up. But its all good now", she smiled sweetly at him and sat down beside us.

"Black you never told us how was your date." Zac wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Yes our boy never told us about his first date", Jason teased in a mom-ish voice. His first date?

"Wait wait wait. What exactly are they talking about Nicky?" Stella turned her head with a shocked expression like he just committed a crime, or more like she found him cheating on her.

Before Nick could say anything Mason beat him to it. "Your Nicky boy went out on a date with the lovely Serena while you were getting over your hangover. Sadly, you missed everything Arrington."

"But don't miss the sheepish loverboy smile he has been wearing ever since he came back from the date", Ian said. Nick threw the water bottle his way which he easily dodged it.

"Next time it will be a burning stick instead of the bottle and I won't miss it", Nick warned trying to sound angry.

The only angry person here was Stella when I saw her face all red and hands fisted into balls from the corner of my eyes.

"Tell us everything", Sarah squealed excitedly.

"Everything was good until she punched me hard on my face", he laughed while I heard them gasp. I was so embrassed. What was I even thinking? That is so not me.

"She fucking punched you?!", Jason was the one to ask. Nick nodded his head still laughing.

"I used to like you Serena but now I love you", Jason said, making Nick stop in the mid way. Jason immediately lifted his hands up like he surrendered when he noticed it too. "Just kidding bro."

"You better", he gritted his teeth. Here's the mood swings. I brought my free hand to squeeze his hand on my stomach for him to calm down. "Rena, are you planning to burn the marshmallow?", he whispered in my ear softly.

"Oh! I almost forgot about it", I smiled, sheepishly.

It was all good until Devon decided to open her mouth.

"But I bet they won't even last. I mean just look at them, they are so different." Kathleen rolled her eyes picking her long nails. Nick's grip tighten on my stomach. I know he was fuming with anger. But isn't that the truth?

Jason chuckled. "Alex, doesn't your girl have one hell of a shit coming out mouth."

"Jerk what is your problem with me?"

"Bitch you started", Sarah sneered before Jason could say something.

"Who do you think you're calling a bitch? When you're the one opening your legs for the whole football team whore", Kathleen shot up. Sarah took off to snatch her face but Zac reacted too fast and held her back on time.