.Rise and fall. (24)

|Chapter: 24|

I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear nervously as I walk back and forth near his locker. I should run away and this was a bad idea, my overthinking mind kept bugging me. No person in their right mind will forgive me for what I said.

But here I was going against all my willing powers and sticking to the ground for his forgiveness. We are already messed up as neighbors. Not anymore. I want to give myself and him a chance, at least to work things out between us, and bring peace hopefully. And this the best opputunity.

I sucked in a deep breathe and let it go rubbing my sweaty palms (even in this cold weather) on the side of my long cardigan. He should be here any minute and I can still run away, I shook my head to clear up my thoughts.

My breathing got caught in my throat when I saw him walking down the hall, coming his locker. His dirty blonde hair looked more messier than ever making him more attractive and sexy. What? No I didn't just think that.

He steps slowed down when his eyes meet mine. I gulped when a wave of anger flashed through them. My heartbeat was far away from being normal. I had to steady myself because my knees were melting from his stares. So I placed one hand on the locker next to his. It took everything in me not to run away or fall on my knees and beg for him to forgive me.

He looked away from me once he stood in the front and opened his locker harshly enough to send a shiver up my spine. The door of the locker covered his face as he rumbled through his stuffs in it. Thankfully, I don't have to look at his handsome face when I apologise for the least.

I took another deep breathe and interlaced my fingers before carefully choosing my words, "I'm sorry. Really. I shouldn't have said what I said. I can understand if you don't forgive me but I want to try. I mean how about I tutor you to repent my mistake? Mr. Kennedy...."

He closed the door suddenly cutting me off and punched the locker hard. I quickly took a step back away from him. Few students stopped on their way to enjoy the infamous highschool drama but one glare from him and all of them returned back to what they were doing.

My heart pounded so hard under my ribs that it was getting difficult to breathe when his bloodshot angry eyes landed on me. I wanted the ground to open up, shallow me whole and take me to hell, I don't care but away from this outrageous looking human.

He took a small step forward, before I could step away from him, he pushed me against the locker. His face inches away from mine and his hands on my each sides trapping me. His fresh lemon scent mixed with a bit minty breathe fanned my face. And for the first time I realised how worn out he was up close, yet handsome.

One corner of his lips twitched up and an evil smirk appeared on his beautiful face when he said, "What happened to Miss I don't wanna waste my time on someone useless like you?" He voice was harsh and full of venom but his eyes held a different story. Like he was hurting.

My cheeks reddened with shame as heat rushes in them. I brought my eyes down while mumbling, "I'm re-really s-so....."

He gripped my arms, "Look at me for fuck's sake. You think you can always do this to me. Useless, that's what you think I am? Only you have fucking dreams. And now you could say sorry and make me feel like a shit for what I called you last night? Because you know what, I'm already a shitty person and I want to fucking kill myself for hurting you."

He pushed me away before turning to walk away and this time my head hit the hard metal. I sucked in the pain bitting my inner cheek. My vision was getting blurly with the tears that clouded my eyes. But I cannot lose him again.