.Rise and Fall. (7)

|Chapter: 7|

I fluttered my eyes open and tried to adjust to the bright light of my room. The pain I felt inside my head before, now gone.

"Oh, You're awake", Sarah's voice came out soft and concerned. She adjusted a pillow behind my back as I sat down. I gave her a small smile. I was really grateful to have her by my side, the side which should've been my mom's place to take.

"How do you feel now?"

"I'm better. Thank you."

She rolled her eyes at me smiling, "You don't really have to say that to me but Salvor. He brought you back."

Salvor? The only thing I remember is falling in darkness after I heard someone asking me what's wrong. I didn't see his face clearly, but now that I think about it, it must have been Sal. Or else, who will be willing to help me?

"Where is he?", I asked rubbing my eyes. 

"He's downstairs making soup for you." She got off the bed. "I better close the window", she said walking to the window.

I was happy that the two most favourite person were here to look after me and at the same time, the guilt feel was rising inside my stomach for keeping them here because I lack a caring mother. My mom, the person that I'd have been able to look up at all the time is gone for weeks. Careless to just make a call to know how I'm doing.

"Is he ever home? Why is everything so dark?", Sarah asked as she hold the blinds of the window while looking through it. Her eyes never leaving the house outside my window.

I wish I could've known the answers too. Why is everything so dark? But then again, the ugly truth that will come along with it made it seem somehow disinterested to me. Its better this way, I reminded myself again. 

"He's home sometimes, but out most of the time", I replied as I shifted on my bed comfortably pulling the blanket close.

He usually returns home at night. I knew because he always makes my heart jump, and I wake jerking up on my bed with the sound of his roaring motorcycle when he pulls into his driveway. Its like waking up from a nightmare, a deathly one.

Sarah pull down the blinds and came to sit next to me on my bed with her eyes shining with curiosity. Not again, I know what she's upto now.

Countless questions about the bad boy with unknown answers.

"Don't you want to know what he do, where he goes and why is he like this? He already slept with half of the girl's population in highschool but never last with a girl for even 24 hours. Why doesn't he find any of the bitches he sleeps with attractive?", she finished in one breath in her whispery tone, as if he will hear us talk.

I shrugged my shoulder at her. Does she really expect me to answer all that like I even know the answers. Well I don't and I don't want to know, how many girls he slept with and why he is still not in love with them.

Love? Nickel Black and love is like two different planets located in different galaxy that will never cross each other's path even by mistake.

She just pouted and look away from me. Then her expression changed into something like she was in a deep thought. She turn to face me again, this time with seriousness clearly visible in her eyes.

"I've heard people say he's a criminal and he is in a gang", she whispered again.

"What?! No, they are probably just rumours. I know he kinds of act like that but you can't judge a book by its cover. He is dark but no one has the right to call him that without knowing him and.....", I rambled on, unconsciously.

"Whoa whoa... Wait! Why are you yelling at me?", she cut me off.

I didn't realise I actually yelled at my best friend because I couldn't bear the assumption people made on him. Is it wrong that I wanted to defend him? A smirk appeared on Sarah's face, "Did you just defend him?"

"No I...", before I could come up with an explanation for that, she cut me off.

She patted my shoulder, "I get it, you don't care about him. But have you ever thought how'd it feel to date the bad boy? Think about all the adventures he'd take you to", she said dreamily.

Adventures? What's with that, I have never known. Going to the amusement park every birthday is my line of fun, also where it ends.

"No, I love how my life is right now", I shook my head.

"You are no fun, dummy", she rolled her eyes at me. The bedroom door opened revealing Salvor with bowl of hot soup in his hand.

"The soup is re...", he started to say but stopped when his warm eyes met mine. "Oh you are finally awake", a genuine smile played on his lips as he walked to my bed before placing the bowl on my bedside table. Then he brought his hand to my forehead to check the temperature, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good and thank you for everything", I said.

"Your temperature is still high. So you need to take some medication after you drink the soup and then rest properly." He was totally in his caring mood right now. I nodded, beacuse no one can go against to Papa-beer Sal mode.

"Yes grand father", Sarah mocked him. "So what we watching tonight?", she asked, going through the closet to grab her favourite blue blanket.

"Friends!", I replied excitedly. Sarah shot me one of her bored look.

"Only because you are sick", she sighed at last.

"I'll go get some popcorns", Sal announced, running out. They stayed up late till midnight, while I was sleeping the whole time. It was the effect of the strong drugs I took before dinner.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, I was curled up next to Sal in my bed and Sarah was sleeping near our feet. Slowly, I slipped out of Sal's arms before covering Sarah with the blanket that was almost falling off the bed, and get out of bed. Suddenly, I was very thirsty.

I still felt dizzy when I took the stairs to the kitchen, with the help of the wall so I don't fall and break my neck. I almost jump out of fear when screeching tires came to halt. Nickel must have returned after some fight, I thought and I tried to ignore the noise. Just then a 'thud' sound of someone dropping something came, followed by some lines of curses.

"Fuck! Kid you think you can play with us!", an unknown voice said. I grip the bottle tightly. "You fucking tricked us."

No doubt the voices came from his lawn. "Black, you better return us back our fucking money", another voice said.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TO SMIRK!"

*******
Vote.Comment.Share