.Rise and Fall. (21)

|Chapter: 21|

I halted making Sarah and Ms. Maya stop at the same time when I met those eyes, the one I was scared to meet the whole time. He kind of disappeared after the morning drama with Salvor.

Now of all the time he was standing in the front with his hands inside his pocket and his bag hang on his one arm. Then his eyes travelled down my body leaving my eyes and rested on my right leg that hang in the air. And in three long strides he was towering over my body.

The strong smell of alcohol hit my nostrils reminding me the bad boy he is designated to be who doesn't give a shit about school and its rules.

"What happened to your leg?", he asked without any emotion in his voice which was enough to shake my body with fear. Cold him was back. To say, when was it gone? The time he told to me about his brother, Jade's death. The time when he cried in my arms or the time we kissed. Here I was distracting me again.

My answer was to lie right in his face using something like, 'I fell off the stairs' but my best friend being the smartest one here open her mouth spilling out the beans. "The ass you call your best friend did this to her", she said bitterly.

He immediately took his eyes off me and stared into distance, his facial expression revealed something pricking in his mind and disturbing his thoughts. "What? Zac?", he muttered mostly to himself, clearly not able to believe what he heard.

"If you don't believe then just go ask him. He pushed her...."

"Sarah", I cut her off with a warning tone. She just shrugged her shoulders giving me that 'what' look but at last she shut her mouth. I turn to look at the guy who still stood in the front calculating the things playing inside his brain.

"It was a mistake", I told him slowly to calm him down.

Because somehow I knew he was going to end up with a bad result and the alcohol running inside his system will make him do something which is worth regretting later on. But like he wasn't even listening to me, he turn around to walk away once again and this time it was bad.

The more distant he became from me, the more my heart feared and started to beat harder. So, I did what felt right at that moment even if I have to be scared shitlessly the whole time.

"NICKEL, PLEASE TAKE ME HOME", I screamed to his back. I don't know why did I even think that that could stop him from what he was going to do. But it did.

He stopped on his track and then again in few long strides he was standing in his former position with a small confused frown on his face. "What did you say?", he asked slowly like before, not able to believe. I couldn't believe myself too.

Its was like offering the devil, 'come, take me to hell'. Here I was again judging him. I looked him straight in the eyes, which was the second hardest thing to do. Riding with him being the first one. Not like I've never ride home with him before. I did. Not like I've never sat with him silently before. I did.

But after I've discovered I have some sort of feelings for him other than hate and the kiss, some things have surely changed between us. Not for him maybe but to me. "Please take me home."

"I can take....", my bestfriend opened her mouth but I cut her off again.

"No Sarah, I want him to take me. You take the notes and I'll copy from ya", I told her looking at her using my pleading eyes.

She nodded her head slowly but still looking concerned. She hugged me telling me to take care before she let Nickel help me stand as his one hand snaked around my waist holding me close to him.