1.A DAY AT THE SHIVIKA'S 🏡...(part A)

The kashmirian skies was illuminated by the sun's rays. The white clouds which appeared to be very heavy slowly started appearing , giving a very serene feeling to the atmosphere making it almost look like a heaven on earth.

Here in a room , a girl of the late twenties is seen sleeping all cuddled up in a blanket on her fluffy mattress with soft pillows strewn all around her. 

"Ring, ring, ring, ring......." the alarm at her bedside table sounded. But to the alarms dismay she threw it right on to the floor and continued her sleep. But the lady was again disturbed by a voice which sounded nothing less than a ringing alarm to her at least now,

"Annika, Anni, Annu wake up its already late, annu meri puttar wake up"  undoubtedly this was pinky aunty, now a very loving and doting mother

Annika sighed in her sleep and slowly uncovered her face from the blanket and said in her childlike tone "Mom, please aur thodi dher sonae dijiyae naa (mom please let me sleep a little more)

But her wails, the childlike tone or the puppy faces she made could not butter her mom in law and annika very well knew it. "I said get up and I mean it seriously puttar. Annu you have to have your breakfast, medicines and then go for a morning walk. After doing these you can very well sleep my beta" pinky counter attacked. And annika had no option than to get up.

Pinky helped her get out of the bed carefully making sure she was comfortable as her bahu aka beti was now seven months pregnant and her mood swings were something that the whole family had to take care of.

"Wasisae mom where's your darling son" annika asked now getting onto her feet and wearing her comfortable pair of pregnancy footwear.

"Your darling husband had knocked our door at early dawn and said he was going for a very important meeting and would be back by evening. He asked me to wake up his lady kumbhakar  and asked to make sure you follow the schedule. Now come to the breakfast table soon or your papa and your pati would do my OH MY MATA"

Both the ladies laughed to this, their own conversation, which was their usual habit and Pinky left the room after asking annika to come to the breakfast table quickly and to be very careful. Annika approached her closet to get her clothes thinking of how times had changed. How the relationship dynamics between her and her mom in law had changed in the past few months. How her husband and father in law had envied the Saas- bahus duo at times. How the once hostile lady had now turned out to be her loving mom for whom she had always craved for since childhood. While thinking this and smiling to herself She was pondering why shivaay hadn't called her still. For he always called her accurately the time she woke if he had left for work before she woke up. Up to date she just couldn't comprehend how he did it exactly. 

Lost in her thoughts When annika entered their washroom she saw a note sticked to the mirror at the washing basin. It was from none other than her husband. It read

"Good morning lady khumbakar, hope your loving mom woke you up. Now like a good girl do everything she asks you to and haan don't trouble my little baby much. Waisae(by the way) I greeted my little baby in the morning and gave my little baby a good morning kiss too. I also gave my big baby one but couldn't greet her, so I'm writing this note to her. I'll call you later, by the time you wake up I'd be half way into the meeting. Love you sweet heart  💗"

Annika blushed reading the note and thought how difficult it had been for shivaay all through. Leaving his brothers and living far away from them, setting up his own catering business without a penny from the oberoi empire was much a great task itself. But what emotional turmoil he was going through only she knew. The Times he had cried on her shoulders, the times he had sleeping pills, the Times he slept on her lap like a little child sobbing all night...all those thoughts brought tears to her eyes. It had been 9 months since that storm hit their lives.

To the outside world they were a little happy family,most of their neighbours thought them to be lucky. But only did they know how difficult it was for them. They were learning to cope up and move on, but they still had not perfected the art.

Please vote or comment so that it would encourage me a newbie to write more. Thanks for reading. All type of positive and negative reviews are warmly welcomed. With buckets of love 💖

       Yours very loving phoenixwriter99...