2.A DAY AT THE SHIVIKA'S 🏡... (part B)

At the breakfast table shakti was reading a newspaper when Pinky came from Shivika's room.

"Pinkyji if you are done with your morning saas-bahu pampering doseage,pay some attention to your husband as well can I at least get a cup of coffee please"

"Once a jealous person and always a jealous person, both father and son are the same"

Pinky moved to the kitchen counter and started making some coffee for her husband. She boiled the brownish liquid and poured it into a mug.

"At least add a teaspoon of sugar"

"No ways not happening, I'm sure you are aware of your sugar levels" Pinky retorted back and gave shakti the cup of coffee and continued doing her chores in the kitchen

"Waisae pinkyji kya banarahiho(by the Pinky what are you cooking),I can get your aloo parathe smell very well. Breakfast is gonna be super delicious"

"You are not getting any of it. You've grown old and I'm sure you are aware of your sugar levels"

"Why are you always coming up on my sugar levels,stop it at least yaar, I'm still young and I'm sure you are very aware of it. Remember how well I danced last week at sindhu ji's daughter's wedding"

"That was because you were the only fit person in that old age group that was dancing. Don't forget you are gonna be a dadhaji very soon"

"Look whose talking, dadhiji thinks she's too young"

This was their usual banter at the breakfast table everyday. And these two poor old souls had somehow learned to cope up with the situation and smile not for themselves but only and only  for their son and daughter. After all they had to be strong.

"Good morning papa" said annika who had just walked into the kitchen. Their kitchen was big enough to have a dining table where the family feasted. For the guests they had a separate dining room. She sat beside shakti's chair and shakti kissed her forehead and greeted her with a sweet "good morning to you too beta".Shakti had got a daughter just as pinky had got one. Both shakti and Pinky very well knew that their son still survived and still smiled only due to Annika. If she had not been there shivaay would have died that very day when they had left  the Oberoi mansion.

"Annu see what I've made for you, your favourite aloo parathe, you were craving for it yesterday right have it. And have this milk without leaving a drop I've added chocolate powder to it. It would be nice. Try it once"

"Mom but...."

"No Ifs and buts sit quietly and finish it off quickly, you've to go for a morning walk too."

"Beta kaloo your mom  cooks well", shakti whispered to annika secretly and then turned towards pinky"waisae pinkyji I too was was craving for aloo parathae since 4 months, give me half a paratha atleast"

Pinky moved toward shakti with a bowl of oats and fruits and repeated her daily mantra "I'm sure you are aware of your sugar levels".

"Stop it pinkyji don't start it all over again. I'm happy with the oats and fruits" shakti retorted back. And what followed was a series of laughter and talk at the breakfast table.

______________________________________________

Shakti and annika left for their usual morning walk. It had become their usual practice to go for a walk every morning together,from the day the doctor had adviced annika to go on a walk. Sometimes shivaay accompanied the duo if he had time,but both shakti and annika always went together without  missing for the past 7 months.

Annika had a high pony tail and wore one of those pregnancy FROCKS that shivaay had purchased for her with an overcoat over because of the weather although  she was used to it now, while shakti wore track bottoms to which Pinky always teased saying "trying to be a ladla when it's time to be a dadha"

"Papa I've got something for you " annika forwarded a small roll

"What's it", shakti unwrapped the roll and was amused to see its content

"Stole it from mom, enjoy"

"Thank you beta was craving for it but your mom thinks I'm an old man while she's a young girl"

"But only for today papa. Remember your sugar levels" annika said and gave that cute expression

"You too don't start it all over again meri maa and haan don't complain it to your mom"

"Pinky promise" anni said and they did their small finger interlocking action.

The papa and beti continued their walk, with the papa relishing his priced possession "pinky special aloo parathae" which he had missed for many months.

______________________________________________

Shivaay was very busy today than on any other days, because he was planning to open a hotel accompanying their catering. Their catering was called "NISH', which was as a result of "SH" from his name and "NI" from his wife's. He wanted to surprise her and their unborn child and was working day and night in order to establish it before his child's birth. 

Annika was his unending support when he began his catering business, while she herself was pursuing an event management course she made it sure that she was there at "NISH" at times when she was free without fail. On the other hand his papa's support made him strong, he was the one who along with his anni had toiled hard with him from laying the foundation stone to bringing the catering to the present stage. While his mom managed their humble home. Without them he'd definitely have failed and he knew it. 

About a month after starting NISH  his love, his support system, his companion,his best friend, his best half conceived their bundle of joy and his whole family started dancing with their feet on air. His mom had strictly ordered his anni to not move about and she discontinued the course which she was pursuing by her own will. And his papa had totally forgotten him and was always with his anu puttar and made guest appearances from time to time to NISH,  But his mom was on an altogether different universe.

Shivaay smiled recalling those memories and drove his car towards his humble abode in the misty cold night. It was about 11 at night and he loved to go on long drives in Kashmir with his anni at this time, but he had to wait for a few months now until the time their child is born.

Precap-shivaay's pov along with an insight to the oberoi mansion

Ps- thank you for the votes,comments and views for the previous 1st chapter, about 25 votes meant a lot to me, a newbie here. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Please vote, comment and support this chapter too. 

(This chap already exceeded 1000 words the next one will be here very sooon. Stay tuned.)

                       _yours Phoenixwriter99