22.THE GIFT SAGA🎁...

Gauri was in her room with her personal assistant malini noting down something important.

"Bhabhi can I come in?" asked soumya peeping from the door. Saumya had handed over prinku her gift and had come to the oberoi mansion to hand over the remaining gifts she had. She had to rush to a friend's place to complete a group project. Om bhaiyya had gifted her a lacy pink dress and she was too excited to wear it.

"Malini make the changes I said by tomorrow. I want the party to be the best, you may go now" gauri commanded malini.

Malini went away after nodding her head.

"Come in saumya" gauri commanded in a clip tone and went towards the window. Saumya stepped into the room saying "Hi bhabhi I went shopping today, so I bought you a gift, I thought you might like it"

"Gifts or no gifts doesn't matter , when relationships don't exist anymore" gauri replied without facing soumya.

"Relationships are still the same bhabhi it's just that perspectives have changed a bit."

"Perspectives doesn't matter unless there is trust and feeling of oneness in any relationship saumya"

"I don't know to talk such big things bhabhi but I just wanna say I love you so much and Rudra longs for you like a son longing for his mom. I don't know what you are going through. But always remember we are there for you and when you feel like talking any day, you very well could think about me and I'd be here the next moment in a jiffy"

"Words are deceptive soumya, it's easy to talk than to actually practice it" gauri replied with a laugh.

"I don't understand anything you are saying bhabhi but I just wanna say I miss you" soumya responded and waited for gauri's response eagerly

"You may leave now soumya, I've something important to attend to" gauri said in a clipped still spoke looking through the window with her back facing soumya.

Soumya placed the gift on the nearby table, went forward back hugged gauri and went away. It was then that gauri looked towards the door, her eyes were watery and red she rushed forward shut the room door, took the gift box, went quickly into the washroom , shut its door too,opened the shower and sat below it crying.

She hugged the gift box tightly and started crying below the shower. She felt very bad of talking rudely to that cute little child soumya, gauri loved and adored soumya always for her intelligence and sweet nature. She had found it almost impossible to meet that little girls eyes when speaking. She was a lot more hurt thinking about what saumya might be going through. She cried loud, her sound would definitely never be heard by anyone due to the shower's sound.

The other part that killed her was that even after she had behaved so rudely with them for the past few months they loved her still and missed her. That mere thought had broken her completely. The very thought that her rudy bhaiyya loved her and missed her made it terrible for her even to live. She switched off the shower, got away from it and carefully opened the gift box to see a light green shawl with peacock feathers as the design on it. It was the colour she loved very much. She smiled widely, hugged it tight, kissed the shawl and sobbed out "sorry for hurting you my little princess soumya".

______________________________________________

Saumya was happy that she could at least speak to gauri bhabhi. She found out that something was terribly wrong with her and things weren't actually what it really appeared to be. She thought to speak to rudra about this after her project gets completed. She was going towards the pooja room to dadi.

Dadi was sitting on a stool reading something, soumya hugged her tight "hi, dadi"

"Hi, puttar dadi replied and missed her forehead"

"What made you come here puttar, you said you have an assignment right?"

"Actually dadi I went shopping so I thought I'd buy something for my pyaari dadi, so I bought it" she said handing over the gift box to dadi

"Whats in it puttar?"  Dadi asked smiling unwrapping the box. Soumya found it too nice to see dadi smiling.

"You see it yourself naa" somu responded

Dadi opened the gift box too see a sweater in it. Her eyes started wetting up.

"What happened dadi? Why are you crying soumya" asked worried.

"I don't know why you are lying puttar? And I won't ask the reason too. But just say this poor soul whether this was given by my Om?" Dadi asked in her cracked voice.

Soumya couldn't say anything, she just moved forward and hugged her, both of them started crying in each other's embrace.

Dadi could see a ray of hope, her Om was trying to change and she was happy about it. She thought that finally God was listening to her. As far as how she found about the gift's secret was she had asked Om for a woolly hand stitched sweater on the day he had left to Germany, when Om had asked her what she wanted.

--- What the others did not understand was that every gift om had handed over to soumya were from his trip to Germany. He couldn't give it that day he returned from Germany as he had been angry but he gave it today, and the reason why he did it today was only known to him. And he'd definitely reveal it to the world one day---

______________________________________________

Another chap before I go missing for Tomorrow.

Vote, COMMENT and support like always. Thank you for loving my work my dear readers aka friends. Not proof read sorry for that.

                 Yours loving phoenixwriter99(Tabitha).