⠀⠀⠀ five

F I V E

SPENCER WAS ABNORMALLY quiet for the journey back

The team has just finished another case and was flying back home. It was comfortably quiet, something he had always enjoyed.

Hotch sat alone writing about the mission in his files while Morgan sat at the next table over with his head buds listening to music. Rossi typed away at his laptop, probably revising his latest copy of his book while JJ napped in her chair and Blake worked on another crossword puzzle.

With the most recent case over, his mind itched at something to work on. He had already finished the 10 books he brought with him for leisure and stared out the window. His reflection was blurred but the dark circles under his eyes were evident.

They weren't far from home and he estimated that they would land in the next 30 minutes.

"I wonder..." He spoke in barely a whisper, more as if he mouthed the words with his breath. At the moment, his mind raced miles per second.

The reminder of returning home had stuck a chord.

'The girl.' He thought.

Spencer quickly dig out his laptop from satchel and opened it. The sound of the device turning on made him tap his fingers impatiently. He hated technology. It wasn't as quick as picking up a book and flipping to a page. It would have to turn on and load and reboot and waste perfectly good time that he could have used for research.

When the screen finally lit up, so did his face.

S-C-O-U-T space W-I-L-E-Y

The results weren't much since thankfully, it wasn't a common name. He wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to search through people he knew he wasn't looking for.

The first image that showed up was a picture of a book, To Kill A Mockingbird.

'Interesting, but not necessary.' He thought.

Spencer quickly got up without making much nose and poured himself another cup of coffee. He could feel his eyes starting to get heavily but as much as he wanted to sleep, he realized how much there was to do.

"Spence." He heard behind him.

JJ stood with both of her arm crossed, giving the tall man he signature look. He could also see that she was tired as well.

"Sorry. I'm blocking the bathroom." Reid said before picking his cup and trying to move past her.

She sighed, "Why are you drinking more? It's late and we're almost home."