⠀⠀⠀ seventeen

S E V E N T E E N

SCOUT STARRED AT the file thrown in front of her with a hard gaze

"I'm not doing it." She sneered out, words dripping like poison. Scout pushed the file back with a force that had it fly to the floor.

Harper Wiley glared at her, "What do you mean you're not doing it?"

"I mean what I said. I'm not going to do it."

"Look," Xander pusher his hand through his hair. "I don't think you have much of a choice here, Captain."

Scout sent a look at him, "You can't make me pull that trigger."

"Stop being dramatic, Scout. He's not asking you to kill anyone." Harper scoffed, raising her hands in the air.

"Doesn't mean that he won't eventually." She grumbled.

"Yeah, and you'll do it. I didn't hear you complain when that mission came around last time."

"But this time we're dealing with FBI agents, in case you forgot! People that I see on a daily basis and actually know who I am!" She shouted in an exasperated manner.

Xander picked up the file again and place it in front of her. It contained pictures of each member of the team. Her eyes trailed on each face until they landed on the familiar eyes of one Spencer Reid.

"Look, you're a great shot, aren't you?" Xander spoke.

She growled at him, "One of the best."

"Then good, you won't have a problem giving one of your little teammates a small bruise." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Which one?" She sighed.

"Any of them, I don't care."

"Then what's the point?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Boss man wants the BAU to know he's watching, and he wants them to feel hmmm, unsafe. You know what I mean?"

Harper grabbed the file off the table and nodded towards the man, "She'll do it."

"Mom."

"Your mother's right, you are gonna do it. You don't have a choice, as much as you think you do." Xander leaned in closer.

"Now, pick one."

***

Harper Wiley starred at her half empty mug of green tea, stroking the side of it and letting the heat burning her finger ever so slightly. It was night now and a few days after Xander came with a file that sent her daughter off the edge.