⠀⠀⠀ sixty

S I X T Y

SPENCER LICKED HIS lips as he tried to slow the beating of his rapidly pacing heart

The BAU didn't know much about the situation that they were currently in. To their knowledge there was no unsub, no motive, no victimology to go off of.

Scout Wiley was the only thing on their minds.

And, to be frank, it was a tricky situation. It left them with uneasy stomachs at how little they knew before arriving at the abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of the city.

But none of the details mattered to Spencer.

All he knew was that the love of his life was in there. She could be injured, scared, or even - no, he didn't want to think about it.

He had lost too many people already. He couldn't lose her too.

"Reid -" Hotch's voice boomed in his head, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Spencer nodded, strapping in his bulletproof vest, "Garcia said that this was where Scout's cell phone was last in service before it turned off. She could be in there, Hotch."

"I know that. But that is the extent of our knowledge. From what you've told me, she shouldn't even have a gun in her possession. This could be a trap, Reid. Perhaps an old unsub trying to seek revenge?"

"Why are you being so hesitant?" Spencer said louder than he expected.

Both Morgan and JJ casted an eye at him before turning back and talking to the local police, a form of FBI protocol as backup if they needed it. Hotch's eyes gave him a harsh glare before lowering his head and speaking in a lower voice.

"All I'm saying is - we don't know what's going on here. We're putting the team and all these men and women at risk. We have to be cautious."

"Oh yeah," The doctor sarcastically chuckled.

"Because uh - because we didn't think twice when Garcia got shot in front of her apartment. Or when Haley and Jack were abducted. Or when fucking Tobias Hankel had me tied to a chair in the middle of the woods, shoving Dilaudid in my arm -"

"Or when Diane Turner abducted and murdered Maeve right in front of you."

Spencer's nose flared.

"Look - Reid - I'm not trying to fight you or antagonize you. It's just that - we all know that Scout can take care of herself. She's proven that countless of time before."