⠀⠀⠀ sixteen

S I X T E E N

SPENCER THREW HIS jacket on the musty old hotel bed

Sleeping in places he didn't know was always the worst part of the job. Actually, no. There were a lot of parts that he didn't like of his job.

He didn't like the whole death part. Nor, the psychological torture he endured in each case. And he certainly didn't like the way he acted whenever Scout Wiley was around.

Spencer sighed, pushing his hair back and away from his face. He placed his face in his hands until he heard a knock at the door.

"It's me, kid." A smile tug at his left lip reminded him of Morgan.

Spencer opened the door to revel his friend, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," The tall man shrug his shoulders before inviting himself into the room.

"Yes please, come in." Spencer closed the door behind him.

"Reid, don't tell me I didn't see what I saw on the flight over here." Morgan said, a teasing tone in his voice.

"What's that?"

The man's smile faltered, "C'mon man, you know what I mean."

Spencer shrugged again and shook his head.

"You and Wiley, genius."

"What about her?" Spencer stick his hands in his pockets, pursing his lips out in confusion.

"Wow, you really can't tell."

"Morgan, I have how many phDs? I'm sure I'm smart enough to understand what's going on."

Morgan crosses his arms and raised one of his eyebrows, "Oh really?"

Spencer nodded, "Uh huh."

"Then tell me."

"Tell you what?"

Morgan gave him a look.

"Oh Wiley, well she's just curious about the case. That's all." Spencer guessed, trying to keep his voice in the same tone so that he couldn't ell he was lying.

The tall man chuckled, "Yeah, you may be a genius but you have no clue when it comes to the ladies. Wiley was definitely checking you out on the plane."