⠀⠀⠀ fifty four

F I F T Y  F O U R

SPENCER SHOOK HIS head as he sighed and groaned, trying to wake himself up

The alarm on Spencer's side of the bed sounded at six A.M., and his hand snaked out to turn it off. With a groan, he turned his back to it and slid his arms around Scout, drawing her against him.

"Hmmm." She snuggled back against him.

"Is it time to get up?"

He nestled his face into her shoulder so that his words were muffled. "Don't make me."

She smiled with her eyes still closed.

"We could stay in bed all day."

"Good idea."

"Of course, we'd miss work – and Hotch is already on our asses since the last case."

"Don't remind me. I don't think I'm prepared for all those questions on our paperwork."

"You will be. I have faith in you."

Spencer smiled sleepily. "Hmm...sounds nice."

"You're not listening." She chided without rancor.

"Sure I am." He turned his face into her neck.

There was silence for several moments as they both fell back into slumber, until the alarm sounded again, and Spencer sat upright suddenly.

"I'm up! I'm up!" He slapped the alarm off and ran a weary hand over his face before sliding his body to the edge of the bed.

"I need a shower." The tall doctor nodded groggily. "Yes. A shower will help."

Scout turned over to place a hand on his back. "Do you have any other paperwork due today?"

He finally stood up and stretched. "Yeah. And some filing Garcia asked for some help with."

"I'll get up and make some breakfast." The brunette started to throw back the blankets, but he stopped her.

"You stay in bed, Love. I'll have cereal."

"Don't be silly. The least I can do is get up and cook you something."

Spencer leaned over for a kiss. "Absolutely not. You need your rest. You're building a whole other human."

"But, I –"