⠀⠀⠀ fifty two

F I F T Y  T W O

SCOUT TURNED HER head towards the incoming members of her team as they prepared to deliver the profile

Hiding behind the hoard of tall police officers, she shifted from foot to foot, anxious that someone would recognize her. Technically, she wasn't supposed to be there at all. Both Hotch and Spencer had made that very clear after her little fainting spell yesterday.

Instead, Scout was forced to stay bedridden at the hotel until the case was closed. Spencer had even tried to go a step further and have her sent on a plane ride back to Virginia but even JJ said that wouldn't be necessary, stating that pregnant woman would be safer with the team if anything should arise.

But it's not like she could help it.

Scout wanted to help. That was the whole point of being a part of the BAU.

'Well, no. The whole point of being a part of the BAU was to spy on the team and get close to them.'

The brunette inwardly groaned as she thought to herself, her conscience starting to get in the way.

'But, that's not the reason anymore! It's not like I'm tricking them now! I genuinely love Spencer and I care about the team. They're my friends.'

Scout swallowed the hard lump that formed in her throat.

'And if I ever told them the truth about me being an assassin, they wouldn't see it from my point of view either way. They'd just hate me. They'd shun me. I wouldn't blame it if they did but - maybe, it could work. Or - Or maybe, maybe it would be best if I didn't say anything at all.'

She glanced up, standing on her tip toes to get a look at the BAU starting to talk about who they believed the Unsub would look like. Sighing, Scout wanted to be up there with them. She could help if she really wanted to, and that's what she was doing.

Sneaking out of the hotel was easy, but trying to not be recognized by her friends would be hard.

A small smile played at her lips as she heard her fiancé start to ramble on about whatever fact that pertained to the case. Playing with the ring on her finger, it was still surprising that Spencer wanted her. He actually wanted to marry her.

Fuck, he wanted to raise a kid with her.

That still is the most shocking thing about their relationship. And he cared about her. It certainly showed yesterday when she fainted and Spencer was by her side the entire time there.